Chapter 10: Dream Team part 1 (The Avengers)

(Y/N)= Your Name

(Y/N) sat down next to his father. Captain America was also at the table. Agent Coulson had just died by Loki's hands. Coulson was a friend of the Starks as well as Cap's #1 fan. They were all hurting. Especially (Y/N) Coulson was a mentor and he was killed by who he thought was a friend. It was stupid of him to trust Loki or even consider the enemy that way.

"These were in Phil Coulson's jacket...i guess he never did get you to sign these cards," Nick said.

Nick threw the cards on the table and Steve gave it a hard glance. Before he grabbed the card and looled at them. His heart grieving.

"We're dead in the air up her, our communications, location of the cube. Banner,Thor...i got nothing for you. I lost my one good eye...maybe i had it coming."

Although, everyone listened they weren't looking. Their eyes were downcast or staring into space. (Y/N) was again lost in his thoughts. Although, he was indeed aware of Nick Fury talking he wasn't listening. How much a fool was he for trusting Loki a little ? Imagine if ge was a little more ignorant and let out important information. SHEILD would have his head on a platter served to Director Fury.  He then lifted his eyes to see Maria Hill staring at him. Neither broke eye contact. One challenging the other. A pinkish tint eventually reached her cheeks and she turbed ger head to face the Director who was still making a speech. 

Suddenly, Tony stood up looked around as if embarrassed, and walked out of the room. Steve soon followed. Now it was just (Y/N), Nick and Maria. Though, Nick wandered off to see a hacker who could have whereabouts on Loki.

Maria briskly then walked away into the halls and seemed as if ahe was in a hurry. For whatever reason (Y/N) then stood up to folloe. As if his fret had a mind of their own.

Soon enough as he turned into a hallway he saw Maria turning into her next destination.

"WAIT STOP!!," (Y/N) screamed. Slowly but surely she moved back to look at him. There were tears welled up in hers freezing (Y/N) into his spot. He's never seen Hill this emotional. In fact, she'd never been emotional at all. The only aide of emotion he's seen is the spurts of sarcastic comments or snarky lines. This kind of scared him to be quite frank.

"M-Maria what's wrong ?"
"Don't say that!"
"Say what ?"
"...my name..."
"It is your name isn't it ?"

He took a step forward.

"Well no matter if it is or isnt i dont want YOU calling me by that name."

"Why not ?"

He took another step. Maria noticed.

"I....i can't"

"You cant what ?"

"B-be...with you".

Maria looked up at (Y/N) her eyes with tears that spilled. Her face pink. (Y/N) then slowly walked up to her until his chest was slightly brushing her breasts. Maria looked up at him as her breath caught in her throat. She gave him a look that said one word. Love. Yet, he didn't know how though. Did the man from the visions choose his mates ? Did he have another power ? Or was it that she loved him for a while and never said a thing ? Why ?

"Maria...how long have you loved me ?"

Maria gave a small light laugh that was blended with a scoff.

"...For about a year."

This shocked (Y/N). How did he not known ? Well that was a dumb questions shes a spy. Maria probably hid her feelings but why ?

"...why didn't you tell me ?"

"All my life...i've never been used to...showing emotions to anyone. Showing affection or gaining it its...something i was never shown."

It then hit (Y/N) like a speeding truck in Pet Semetary. Maria was never shown affection by the opposite sex. She was never liked or had anyone to like. He was probably the only one.

"Besides why does it matter....your with Romanoff," Maria said through gritted teeth.

(Y/N) looked down and sighed with a smile. It was then that he told her about the vision. Then about natasha. About the harem. All of it. To say that she was shocked was an understatement. This was incredible yet sick! However....she loved him. Maria was willing to help.

"Look (Y/N)....i know my decision....i'm gonna stay and help. I want to be with you Stark."

(Y/N) gained a wide grin. He finally got with Hill!! He wanted to celebrate to scream and shout. Yeah it was an agonizing time of not acting on it but it was all worth it!

(Y/N) used his finger to lift up Maria's chin. A tint of punk growed acros her face but she didnt turn away. Slowly, (Y/N) leaned in to kiss Hill. His eyes closing and her eyes shutting. Their lips were centimeters apart.

"Hey Stark...Suit Up."

(Y/N) swiftly and irritably turned around to see Cap standing with Tony at his side. Tony giving a grin but Cap giving a stone cold serious look. Cap then walked away and Tony gave a wink before following him.

"I guess....i have to go."

As (Y/N) turned around to walk away Maria grabbed his arm and turned him back to face her. Before he could say anything she smashed her lips to his but as quick as it happened it was over.

"Come back to me ?"
"Absolutely baby"

Maria gave a soft glare but a small smirk was apparent on her face as well. (Y/N) smiled and kissed her hand before turning around and striding to find his suit. He walked past the doctors, walked past the occasional crew and walked past the crew that were nervous wjat to do around him. All that mattered was getting this suit right now.

Finally, he reached his quarters. Inside he found his suit laid out. However, something else caught his eye. He found a giant case sitting on his bed. It was silver and shined as if it was waxed or brand new. (Y/N) slowly walked up to the case in pure suspicion. It could be from Loki. Slowly but surely he opened up the case. As the case opened it steamed and he backed away in a fast motion. Though, as the steam cleared it was revealed to be an all new suit! Amazed, he looked down to see a card with elegant writing.

If some of us are getting upgrades we thought you should get one too

                                   ~ Dad and Fury.

(Y/N) smirked and laughed a little.

"I never thought they would actually agree on something," he laughed. He opened up the suit and his eyes widened at how cool it looked. (Y/N) then smiled thinking about how much ass thats gonna get kicked with his suit. The Dream Team is finally making a comeback.