Chapter 12: Little Rascal

(Y/N) stood in front of an orphanage wearing a (F/C) hoodie with a (S/F/C) jacket over it. As he stood in front of the orphanage he had one thought on his mind. 'Is this the place Amara is currently staying ?' Slowly, he walked into the orphanage. He signed the papers and BOOM he was now a dad.

Currently right now he sat in a car with Amara in the passengers seat twiddling her thumbs. An awkward silence was obviously thick in the air. It wasn't any better that this was the second time they've talked after the New York incident. The first time being discussing the adoption process.

(Y/N) then glanced at her worriedly. She was silent this whole time, not saying a thing. Afterall, she did lose her parents and is now adopted by a hero. It's not everyday that happens.

As the car started to drive off the road and into the grasslands, he couldn't help but at least TRY to start a conversation.

"Soooo," (Y/N) started, "Do you like comic books ?"

Amara slightly nodded though her eyes were still downcast. (Y/N) knew that he wasn't getting anywhere with this. As they kept driving in the grasslands they soon came across a shabby farm with a house next to it.

His car pulled to a stop. (Y/N) glanced at the little girl still messing with her thumbs in an awkward manner. (Y/N) pulled out a small booklet with notes.

Things about Amara to KNOW.
AGE: 10
TALENTS: Can play the Cello, Knows some kickboxing, Can draw, though some of this remains to be seen.

THINGS SHE LIKES: Science, Singing, The Cello, Anime, This "oblivious" boy named Peter apparently. Likes the office, and mac n chesse.

THINGS SHE HATES: Bigotry, Racism, Math, Mrs Marge,Aliens.

(Y/N) POV:

I looked at the list in my hand. I didn't want to forget anything on this list. I didn't want Amara to feel forgettable. Especislly since her parents died. Now, i'm her father. Considering the reactions that Mom and Dad had compared to Nat and Maria i would say that Amara is...controversial.

That's another reason i need to know the basics like the back of my hand. I mean, i don't know shit about parenting but i do know that i should be there for her.

I parked the car outside the little farm and smiled a bit. This was Clint's house with his wife and kids. Of course i just now found that out but over the past couple of weeks, me and Clint bonded over one subject: Loki's deception.

After that we grew from friends, to almost brothers. It was really quick but a lot of things have been quick lately. Like getting two girlfriends, a daughter, while also knowing that my father attacked New York through Loki the bitch.

Speaking of the two girlfriends...telling Mom and Dad about it was certainly something to remember.

Flashback:

"Hey Junior ?," Dad said in a tone that set up a question. By that aound in his voice i could tell it was serious. Mom stood beside him while giving me a flaming gaze. It was piercing into my soul.

"Yeah Dad ?"

"...what's the dealio with You, the arachne and Hill ?"

Mom intensified her gaze at me. As if daring me to lie to her face. I knew that if i lied she would already know. If i told the truth she will scold me for "not saying anything." However i decided that being honest was the best thing for everyone.

"W-Well the thing is.."

Just like that i told them everything. From the visions to the revelations. It was alot to take in for them. However, Mom stood up and slowly walked towards me. Then her pace picked up from a walk to a stride and finally into an all out sprint. Mom smacked me right across the cheek. Before hugging me tightly.