Chapter 19: Prison Pals (Gotg)

(Y/N) Pov:

The Kyln. A high security prison for the nova corps. Wonderful. My hands were in handcuffs that i could very easily escape from. However, if i tried to escape theres a chance Gamora could get hurt, and the orb lost. I need Gamora safe and the orb in my hands. I was brought out of my musings by a very corny joke.

"What's up with giving tree here ?," Star-Lord snarked. I rolled my eyes before looking at the man.

"Silverstein reference. Cool," i sarcastically said. It seems the man couldn't quite detect the tone as he brightened behind me.

"Your from earth ?," he said excitedly.

"No i was born on Hoth but raised on Tatooine actually."

"Oh..."

"....Yes i'm from earth dipshit," i laughed.

"I am groot," Groot said.

"AHAHAHAHA YOU'RE RIGHT GROOT HE DID WALK INTO THAT ONE," Rocket cackled.

I drowned the idiots out while thinking about Amara. What was she doing ? How is she doing ? I know i have no right to think about any of them back on earth. However, i miss them.

I was brought out of my musings by....music ? I turned my head to see Star-Lord sneak into one of the gated areas. Where the prison guards would be. The blue prison guard looked to be wearing an orange walkman. From the music playing, Star-Lord's age range, and the fact that he was screaming at the guard currently. It's safe to say it's his.

"THAT SONG BELONGS TO ME," Star-Lord screamed. The guard thrusted an electric baton into his stomach causing the idiot to seize up in pain. I rolled my wyes as the others looked on in horrid fascination.

______________________________________

I walked in my yellow prison suit looking aroun the place. Creatures of all kind lived here. But they were criminals. Rapists, Bandits, murderers. All of the above. I just had to think of a way to escape, get the orb, and get back to my family.

I suddenly, felt fingers caress my cheek. With deadly eyes i looked up to see a blue alien. Giving an evil grin.

"Check out the new me-"

I punched him straight in the chest and he flew back. Hitting the wall. Everyone in the jail looked at me with fear thats only found rarely. Good.

Rocket went on with his speech while i stared at the ground. I felt like...something was going to happen. I don't know what. I looked up to see Gamora getting screamed at by all the inmates. It was horrible. All because of her affiliation with a certain mad titan.

______________________________________

I awoke to some noise outside my cell. Walking up to it i saw Gamora dragged by prison mates. She was screaming and thrashing. I was ready to walk out and help but i noticed Mr. Star-Lord doing it himself. I looked at the raccoon who looked at me in a sense of irritation.

I rolled my eyes and followed the raccoon and Star-Lord. Rocket tried to talk him out of whatever he was about to do but it wasn't working.

Hearing this man talk made me feel like i lost brain cells.

______________________________________

The next day, after retrieving Gamora, i sat with Rocket, Quill, and Gamora. Planning our escape ahead.

"Once the battery is removed, everything will slam into emergency mode, so once we have it we gotta move quickly, we definitely need to get that last."

Suddenly, the lights shut down and filled everything with a dim light. Sirens blared as we looked around before laying our eyes onto Groot, holding the battery.

"OR WE CAN JUST GET THAT FIRST AND IMPROVISE," Rocket stressed.

"I'll get the armband," Gamora stated.

"Leg," Quill sighed as they split up to their respective roles.

Me ? I was supposed to keep the guards off our tail.

The drones circled Groot.

"Stand down and go back to your cell," the prison guard yelled over the intercom at the tree.

"I AM GROOT," Groot screamed at the top of his lungs. He smacked and swatted the drones away making the bullets ricochet across the metal. Random prisoners who ran and ducked because of the firefight. Explosion had them fly in the air.

Guards started running past the pandemonium and straight towards Groot.

"ON MY COMMAND," one shouted raising his blaster. As i noticed a familiar prisoner fight some off, i took on the others. I ran to gain momentum, jumped in the air, and roundhouse kicked a guard in the face. Gaining others attention. I slid under a guard and sweep kicked him causing the confused man to fall flat on his face. While he was down, i kicked him hars enough to knock him out cold. A third man ran up to me and slid out an electric baton.

"GET BACK INTO YOUR SLEEPING AREA," he ordered.

"....i'm just want a phone call," i grinned before he ran at me. The man swung the baton at me, it was a futile attempt as i grabbed his arm and used my free hand to attack. Punching his gut three times, blood spilling from his mouth. I kicked him and he flew into the air screaming all the way.

I felt bullets bounce off my back and i turned to see a group of guards quaking with fear.

".....Boo," i said coldly. They dropped their weapons in pure fright and ran away.

I looked up to see Groot enlarging himself to get to the watch tower. Using this moment, i climbed up. Albeit a little hesitantly. I look down to see The Destroyer, Drax standing there.

"Yo Mr. Clean you coming ?," i asked.

"Of course i am clean i bathe everyday," Drax responded. Blinking in confusion. I laughed a little at his cluelessness and continued to climb up Groot. Once atop, the watch tower doors hissed open to reveal a scared shitless guard.

As i stood with the outlaws...these losers...i felt as if....as if i belonged. They reminded me of

The Avengers.