Chapter 21: Ravagers (Gotg)

SMACK!!!!

I awoke to the stinging pain of a furry hand. Opening my eyes slightly, I saw Rocket standing over me with Groot and Drax by his side.

"Hey pea brain wake the hell up," he growled. I blinked my eyes a couple times before sitting up on the ground.

"What happened ?," I asked.

"What happened ? One of those Power stone blasts knocked your ass out is what happened," Rocket laughed.

"I am Groot," Groot said to Rocket reprimandingly.

"Oh yeah and the orb is in Ronans hands now....as well as Quill and Gamora being with the Ravagers," He said.

"Ravagers ?," i said questioningly. "I'm still new to this space thing."

"Pirate people," Drax confirmed making me scrunch my face in deep thought. Finally i stood up and dusted myself off.

"Well lets go get them," i boomed.

"What ?," Rocket said. "Look we just had a discussion about this."

"And ?"

"And i have a plan," Rocket grinned to me.

______________________________________

I sat in a room with Star-Lord, Rocket, Gamora, Groot and Drax. After Rockets little....escapade with threatening the Ravagers. We now ALL had to come up with a way to defeat Ronan the accuser....who now holds the power stone. These stones i...i felt a very strange connection to them. Maybe i can help somehow.

Suddenly Rocket broke out into an 'authnetic laugh' about Quill's plan. 12%.....we are doomed.

"The fact that you even tried to schedule a meeting with 12% of a plan is still having me process," I said rolling my eyes.

"Oh excuse me 'Son of Thanos' mind telling me if you have a plan ?," Star-Lord pressed.

Having enough of his attitude, I walked up to him ready to pounce on him like an animal. Gamora stood up and pressed a warm hand on my chest. My (e/c) colored eyes drilled into hers. Asking her why I shouldn't beat this clown who graciously calls himself a lord. However, she just gave me a look right back. Telling me that it's not worth it and ordering me to sit down. With a growl, I sat, giving Star-Lord the best glare I could muster at the moment.

"Well we need a fucking plan or else we are dead thanks to you dipshit."

"Me ?," Star-Lord feigned innocence.

"He ain't wrong," Rocket sighed.

"I am Groot."

"What do ya mean 12% is better than 11% ?," Rocket proclaimed.

"SEE! Thank you Groot Thank you...Groots the one of you who has a clue. "

As we look at Groot again we see him chew plants growing out of his shoulder. Much to the chagrin and regret of Star-Lord. He turns around and rubs the bridge of his nose in agitation. As much as I enjoyed it, I agreed with him.

"Guys...Come on Yondu is gonna be here in two seconds and he expects to hear this big plan of ours....I need your help. I look around at us and ya know what I see ? Losers."

I arched my eyebrow at him with a look of offense. The others looked around at him as if he were crazy or had enough balls to say that to their faces.

"No I mean like...folks who have lost stuff and man we have OH we have all of us. Our homes. Our families. Normal lives...and usually life takes more than it gives but not today. Today is givin' us something. It is givin' us a chance."

"To do what ?" Drax murmured.

"To give a shit...to do something and not run away," Star-Lord answered. "I for one am not gonna stand by and watch as Ronan wipes out billions of innocent lives."

"But Quill....stopping Ronan is impossible, Your asking us to die" Rocket said solemnly.

"I- yeah I guess I am," Star-Lord said. Surprisingly, tears gathered in his eyes. He turned his back to us and hung his head down.

This put me into an internal conflict. God, I wanted to just leave here. I wanted to land back on Earth and see Amara again. I know she must be pissed at me. Maybe even moved on. But I need to help these lives. Innocent lives that don't deserve to die like this. They don't deserve it. I opened my mouth to speak but Gamora beat me to the punch.

"Quill...I spent mist of my life surrounded by my enemies," she said. Slowly Gamora stood up. Not breaking any contact she had with Quill. "I'd be grateful to die amongst my friends."

Silence ensues the rest thought deeply for what they were about to say. However, I stood up and crossed my arms across my chest. Albeit I was warm. The room was stuffy too.

"I have a family back at Earth....They must be really upset about me right now but one thing is straight...we always fought for what we believed in. No matter if we fell. So, I believe in protecting the ones who can't fight. Especially, against Ronan."

Drax looked at me and smiled. He slowly stood up from his chaor and looked to Quill with a bloodthirsty hunger.

"You are an honorable man Quill. I will fight beside you...and in the end see my wife and daughter again."

Groot stood next. His height towering all of us with twigs of wood sticking out randomly. His body creaked like an old house and his feet thundered when he walked.

"I am groot," he said. I gave him an appreciative thumbs up. We all turned to the one person who stayed seated. Rocket Fucking Raccoon. He looked around at us as if we were imbeciles of some sort. Nevertheless, he gave a heavy sigh of acceptance.

"Ah What the hell I don't got that much of a life span anyway," Rocket said. He stood up fixing his leather like suit with a glare.

"I'm standing up now ya happy ? We're all standing up now....a bunch o' Jackasses standing in a circle."

I held back a laugh as I looked around to the group. If I was going to die...at least I'll do it in style.