Chapter Eleven

Doug....

Saying goodbye to Frankie was surprisingly harder than I thought it would be. Yeah, that woman sure is something else.

When I was sat with her on the beach, with the sunrise not too far from the oceans Ibizan horizon, I felt like I had to give her a few more personal pieces of me.

I just wanted to be honest with her. Frankie is someone I really do admire, I don't think she even knows how much I actually do admire her. She is someone who has been so publicly judged and ridiculed in the past, solely on account of her weight. Now that I have seen the Frankie Fenner she used to be, and the singer that she still is, it makes me so unbelievably angry to know that she was treated in that way.

So what if she wasn't a singing size 6?

Did the size of her body really overshadow that amazing voice of hers?

This business can be so superficial.

And the people in it can be so cruel.

So disgustingly thoughtless.

And like I said, I've seen Frankie singing Lovers and Leavers with Falco, and although she was certainly bigger than the Frankie Fenner she is now, I only saw that incredible smile of hers and heard that soul-effecting voice that she perfectly possesses.

That is only what I saw.

That is only what got her beneath my usually thick skin.

Maybe it was stupid for me to admit that I had listened to everything she has ever sang, but I wanted Frankie to hear it from my very own mouth that she was invited to Ibiza, that she was invited to sing on Hear The Chant—because I believe in her.

I don't just believe in her voice.

I skin deep believe in her.

In the Frankie Fenner she is now and in the Frankie Fenner she has always been.

From the moment I first heard her sing, something came alive inside of me because of her haunting harmonies and her charismatic chords. Her voice was reaching parts of me that I didn't even know existed. It was her singing that made me want to see the face behind that Siren-like voice.

And when I saw that face, I never once saw the weight of her body.

I only saw the beautiful woman that was the vessel of that very beautiful voice.

It was then that I knew I had to contact her. I had been searching for the right vocalist for Hear The Chant for quite some time, I just didn't bargain on also finding the right person for me.

But when I eventually met Frankie, I knew I wanted her on my track and I knew I also wanted her in my life.

The track already meant something to me, now Frankie is beginning to as well. The weekend with her has really opened up my eyes about myself.

I'm not easy to be with.

I know that, I kind of needed her to know that, too.

Without overloading her with my problems, I felt like I had to tell her how much I liked her, how I'm going to try and not screw things up, how I need her patience and her understanding of me and my lifestyle.

She in turn, asked me for the very same thing.

And I can give her that.

I really can.

At some point, I'll tell her about my mum. When the time is right, I'll tell her all about the stress and the hurt that has strained my life in recent years. But for now, I want to just enjoy knowing that there's someone in my life, who I have such a great emotional and creative connection with.

Frankie is that person.

She's the one who has me thinking about more than just music and my mum. I like it. I like it more than I can actually say. She brings her fun and her charisma into my life. She brings humour and banter into my life. She also brings those luscious lips and lashes into my life.

I've always had a thing about lips and lashes, and Frankie has a highly arousing set of both...and don't even get me started on the spandex!

But seriously, I want to do right by Frankie. Both professionally and personally, I want to treat her right. She's been treated so disgustingly wrong in the past, I want to change that for her.

I want her to have the career she deserves.

I want her to have the man she deserves.

I know I'm used to banging out track after track, but I have no interest in just banging Frankie. She means much more than that to me.

Physically, she excites me.

Mentally, she excites me a whole lot more.

Everything about Frankie Fenner has me admiring her and wanting to respect all of who she is.

Luckily for me, I think she feels the very same way.

**Author Time**

Oooooooo, that's the first we've heard from the gorgeous Doug DiCarto.....what are we thinking lovelies?

Your comments, your company and your gorgeous votes are sooooo muchly appreciated 💋

And the video above is: WILD LOVE - JAMES BAY