Chapter Thirty Seven

We are certainly taking the party well into the early hours.

John, Ted and Tony, who all co-own Revival, have put on a party just for Doug at one of their villa's in Es Cubells. There's a lot of people here—DJ's, dancers, singers, promoters, booking agents and some EDM journo's as well—along with the whole DiCarto team, too.

But you know what? I'm taking it all in my stride.

In my very happy and relaxed stride.

The feedback for Hear The Chant has been utterly mind blowing. Everyone has nothing but amazing things to say about it, so I'm being carried along on the tailwind of all that complimentary praise.

"I bet you can't believe this is all happening, can you?" Both myself and Nancy are having a quiet moment standing on the rooftop terrace, looking down at where a lot of people are all socialising around an inviting oval outdoor pool.

Bringing my iced vodka and tonic up to my lips, I take a small sip of it with my smile not about to go anywhere anytime soon. "It's insane, isn't it, Nance?"

Looking up at the Mediterranean night sky, Nancy is now smiling. "Not insane...I'd use the word deserved." She turns, wanting me to look in her direction. "You were breathtaking up on that stage tonight, Frankie. I know how much courage it took for you to get up there and sing...but bloody hell, you sure sang it, hun." The pride warmly emanates from my longtime friend. "Tezzer even had to find me a tissue, it was an ugly cry moment." She admits with a girly little giggle.

Needing to hug Nancy, I enthusiastically do. "Thank you for being here tonight, Nance. Your support has meant the world to me." Moving my shoulders slightly back from our sweet embrace, I stare into the glassy green eyes of my loyal and lovely friend. "You mean the world to me. You're like the sister I never had. I love you, Tezzer loves you, my parents love you...we all love you."

Blinking back swelling tears, Nancy tilts her head with an emotional gulp. "Do you want me to ugly cry again? I'm not wearing waterproof mascara, so this could turn out really tragic for my eyes, you know?"

Now laughing, I just hold up my glass between us both. "Here's to ugly crying and friendship."

Clinking our glasses together, Nancy runs one of her hands through her short and texturised blonde hair. "I'll certainly drink to that, hun." Her fingers continue to rake themselves through her trendily cut tresses. "Do I look okay?" She suddenly asks me.

Eyeing up her entire outfit—black leather mini skirt, coupled with a red long sleeved mesh top and funkily finished with a pair of black patent shoe boots—yeah, my girl looks totally gorgeous. "Drool-worthy." Is my honestly given answer, accompanied with a playful little wink. "Why, who have you got your naughty Nancy Nelson eye on?"

Grinning, she knows that I know that there is most certainly someone here at this party that she very much has her Nancy Nelson sights on. Becoming coy all of a sudden, my shy friend is almost now squirming. "Don't you dare say anything to Doug, okay?"

Intrigued, I lean against the rooftop glass balustrade with a curious little smile. "Why?"

"Because, it's Tim."

"As in, Doug's sound engineer, Tim?"

Nancy nods, her neck almost disappearing into her shoulders. "I like him, I think he likes me, but I don't want you two trying to set us up or anything...if anything happens, I want it to happen naturally."

Understanding that, I assuringly smile across to Nance. "My lips are sealed." I pretend that I am zipping up my mouth. "If you like Tim, and you think he likes you, then why are you still up here with me?" I tease, looking down at the crowd to see whether or not I can see the man in question.