Chapter Thirty Three

"Shit, I have really missed you!" Doug is squeezing me incredibly hard, like he hasn't seen me in months and months. "You smell just like you." His nose is pressed against my neck, inhaling hard as his lips pucker up to give my skin tiny, tender kisses.

Laughing in his brawny hold, I just want to see his face...the face I have equally missed just as much. "I'm so glad you're back. How did it all go?" I excitedly ask, so happy to have my gorgeous boyfriend back with me again.

Doug cocks his head, casually smiling. "Much the same as every other weekend." I can tell he's not really interested in talking about his time in Ibiza, he's far more interested in me. Lucky, lucky me! "I was thinking about us getting a takeaway, then cuddling up in front of the tv, before having some slow and passionate sofa sex?" His grinning mouth is wickedly now slanted.

Having not long got back in from work, all of Doug's three options are now so very tempting. "Persian?" I'm looking up at him, my chin resting on his familiar chest.

Kissing the tip of my nose, Doug grins some more. "Persian is cool with me." His arms are still holding me tightly, keeping all of our happy closeness very much in tact.

Tilting my head a little, there's definitely now a naughty twinkle in my eye. "Mmm...Persian food, a cuddle in front of the tv, followed by some slow and passionate sofa sex...yeah, I'm certainly glad you are back." I seductively tell him, running my hands up and down those defined arms of his that have yet no intention of letting me go.

"Well, I do like to keep my girlfriend very happy." He gorgeously gloats.

Standing on tippy-toes, my hands link together around the back of his neck. "And you do make me happy." Unbelievably happy, is what my heart and my mind both tell me at the same blissful time.

As Doug presses his lips onto mine, my heart pounds with anticipation, while my stomach flutters and the whole of my body tingles with reactive excitement. His lips have been so terribly missed by mine. So deprived and lost without the kisses that he wonderfully and softly often gives to them. To be reunited with the cashmere sensation of his mouth once again, renders me in a suspended state of content consciousness. My lips are moving, but I absolutely can't.

I am lost in only Doug.

Drowning in all that he passionately is.

Breathless and suffused with such happiness, I come back to the surface of reality, back to the reality of our sexily deep and slow kiss.

"I have dreamt about kissing you like that since the last time that I kissed you like that." Doug's brown eyes cutely crinkle at the corners with his wide and honest smile.

God, I have missed that smile, I satisfyingly say to myself. "I'm just so glad you are back." Holding him hard, I don't care whether I sound too needy or too possessive. I am glad he is back. I'm glad he is back in my arms and back to kiss my lips. I'm glad about it all.

"Come and sit down, I want to talk to you about something." Doug threads his fingers with mine, gently guiding me towards my sofa. As we both get comfy; close and comfy, he is looking at me with a loving yet serious gaze. "This weekend, I've been thinking about a lot of things."

Listening intently, I know I am now wearing my 'listening frown' somewhere in the middle of my forehead. "Okay." Is all I softly respond with, wanting Doug to tell me more.

While he's looking at me, his fingers are casually playing with mine. "I'm serious about us, Frankie. You know I don't do things by half measures, and that won't change with how I do things with you." He faintly smiles, blinking slowly with that faint and lovely smile of his. "I hate it when I'm not with you, I hate us having to be apart. I feel like things are changing for the better, and I have realised that there are things that I need to make some changes to, so that those things continue to get better for me."

"Like what?" I curiously ask.

Inhaling a little, Doug explains. "I'm giving up my residency at Revival. I can still do the occasional guest DJ spot there, but I'm ready to put my time into more important things now."

"Okay." I'm surprised, yet I'm supportive with my surprise.

Sitting a little taller on the sofa, Doug now encases my one hand with the two of his. "I need time to focus on my mum and you. The weekend without you, has made me realise what is more important in my life right now." His thumbs are tenderly now stroking my knuckles. "Things with my mum are only going to get worse, and I can't control that, but us, I think I can control that." Using his brown eyes to help me to understand him, he leans in a little closer. "I love you, Frankie. I want us to properly be together. I don't want the occasional sleepover here and there, I want to fall asleep with you every single night. I have plans for you and I, both personally and professionally. I want the world to hear your beautiful voice, and I want you to enjoy the world hearing that beautiful voice of yours. Your time to own a stage, is coming. Together, I think we could do great things...incredibly great things!" There's a spark of new beginnings shining in his eyes, sparks of endless possibilities. "I hope I'm not freaking you out with all of this? You know me, Frankie. You know how I work. Life is too short for me not to go after what I want." Stroking the back of his hand down the right side of my face, Doug then lazily smiles. "And I know I want you. I want to be with only you. My days, my nights, hours, minutes, seconds, milliseconds, microseconds, nanoseconds, my picoseconds." He pauses, just to crookedly grin at me. "I think you know where I'm going with this, right?" Lowly laughing, he then takes a yearning hold of my face. "I really want you with me, Frankie?"

Then he falls silent, just as a stampede is beginning in my heart. "Are you asking me to move in with you?" My question seems so very small when asked within the bigness of all that Doug has just said.

Still holding my face with the very same longing, Doug excitedly answers. "I know I probably sound impulsive, but that's just who I am, Frankie. You're good for me and we're more than good together. I don't care if you want to live here, at my place, or somewhere else completely different—I only care that I'm with you."

"But I've not even been to your place?" I sound stunned, funnily stunned.

"Tomorrow, we will go there, and if you don't like my place, we can talk about other options. Like I said, I don't care where we live, I only care that we are living together." His other hand is now holding my neck, reassuringly stroking it with the tip of his thumb. "Please don't be freaked out." His voice is soft, almost soft and sorry at the same sweet time.

"I'm not freaked out, just a little shocked." My blue eyes stare back at him with the same reassurance he has not long given to me. "I just thought you were going to ask me whether I wanted to share a Meze platter with you?" My chuckle now fills the small body space between us.

Doug then lightly laughs, taking my hand as he does. "I will share a Meze platter with you, and I will forever share my bed with you." His cushioned lips adoringly kiss the back of my fingers, so featherlight and so certain. "Just say that you'll think about it?"

My eyes are locked onto his, not wanting to look anywhere else but into his brown and beautiful spheres. "I will think about it." I easily tell Doug what he needs to hear, wondering whether coming to a decision will be just as easy.

**Mallion Interlude 💋**

What are you gorgeous bunch thinking?
Are you like Doug, and run with your feelings?
Or are you more cautious over things?
And what, do you think our lovely Frankie will do?

The track above is: LET ME - ZAYN