Hurt

June slipped to his apartment ignoring Jasmine altogether. The muscles in his jaws taught. Jasmine knew he was upset opting to stay quiet to give him some space. 

Jun halted at the living room and turned halfway back around. He did this so suddenly that Jasmine has to catch herself before she slammed into his back. It took one look at Jasmine's swollen lips to know what took place while he was gone. 

His muscles tightened. The feral in him unleashed. His jealousy, an alien feeling to him, consumed him. He had dated many women, some of them far more beautiful and elegant than she is. There were times when he thought he had fallen in love but nothing could compare to the rage burning in his soul right now. He doesn't know when it had consumed him. This...this deep love that he couldn't explain.

June's voice darkened. His eyes pinned her to where she stood, so close to him, that she felt her knees wobbled under his gaze. "Tell me one thing." He already knew the answer but he wanted to hear it from her. "Did you kiss him back?" 

Jasmine hesitated and her silence was enough answer for him to prove his suspicion. His heart shattered. June never knew pain like this. He never knew loving someone could hurt so much. 

Her eyes watered. It's not her fault. She was caught off guard. But she would also be lying to herself if she say she doesn't feel anything for Hoon. Jasmine wanted to explain what happened, but the pain his eyes, the way he turned around with his shoulders slumped and his head slung.

She loves June, she loves June like she never knew what love is before. 

"You don't understand." She choked. "I love you, I love you more than anything in the world."

His shoulders straightened. Like a welting plant being watered back to life. Then her swollen lips eased back into his mind. Lies. He thought. 

"If you truly love me, you wouldn't have kissed him back. You would have thought how much it would hurt me. How would you feel if I kissed another girl?"

Pain shot through her. Just the thought of it was enough to break her. "I would feel very hurt." She admitted. 

Silence presided upon them and June silently walked into the bedroom closing the door behind him.  

Later that evening, Jasmine had knocked on his door. There was no answer. She pressed her ear on the door and listened. There was no rustling or movement telling her Jun is awake. She started to wrap her hand on the door handle when she changed her mind. It would be rude to disturb him. Especially when he's that mad at her.

But she also haven't seem him since this morning. Surely he would have walked out of his bedroom by now. 

"Jun?" She whispered against the grain of the wooden door. 

Nothing. 

"Jun?" She said again. This time the door opened. Jun stood by the door, the darkness in the room blanket behind him. He wore his grey sweat pants and nothing on top. Jasmine couldn't help the way her greedy eyes traveled from his lowers abs up to his face. She noticed His eyes were swollen, he looked like he'd been fighting to go to sleep but couldn't. 

In all fairness. Jasmine looked just as messed up as he is. Eyebags beneath her eyes, she spent a great amount of the afternoon crying until her head grew heavy with headache. 

June stared at her silently. Storm of emotions beneath the mask of his face. 

"We need to talk." Jasmine said. 

Jun did not say anything a he got out of the way to let Jasmine enter the room. 

Jasmine sighed as she lowered herself into Jun's bed. Jun followed behind leaving the door open. His gaze dark but not accusing. Only pain and anger as he looked down upon her.

The tension between them tightened. Jasmine swallowed stuttering her words. "Jun...I... wasn't trying to..."

Jun halted her. "Do you know what's it's like for me to think and worry everyday?" He heaved and brushed his fingers on his short raven hair. "I'm an ocean away in another country! You're living with my brother whom I'm aware is very attracted to you!"

He lowered to his knees before her taking her hands into his. "I was afraid, Jas! I was afraid that I'm going to lose you."

"Oh Jun..."

"I was losing my mind, Jas."

She leaned and kissed his knuckles softly.

"...and to come home seeing Hoon in the hallway? Trying to get you to come back home  like you belong to him?" Jun took a much needed breath.  "Then to see your lips, how red and swollen they are?

He stopped and lowered his gaze down to the ground. Jun tried to rein in his pounding heart. The anger, the rage and the jealousy. "You kissed him, Jasmine. Inside my own place!" Jun lashed out.

Jasmine felt like shit. He might as well point a gun on her and shoot her. It was a moment of bad decision. A mistake and she had paid dearly for it. The last thing she wanted is hurt Jun. "I'm sorry, Jun. I really am. But don't ever leave me again. I don't know how you could have left me with your brothers the way you did." She paused taking him with her watery eyes. "I suffered because of Yuan...Yuan.."

Memory of that afternoon came back to her. How Yuan lured her into his car and assaulted her. His long finger caressing the slit of her center made her shiver coldness down her spine. She breathed in deeply fighting more tears coming up to her eyes. Then came the day when he'd beaten her in Hoon's own house. A place she thought she felt safe.

"Yuan is not a good man."

Rage filled Jun's s eyes. He would destroy the world for her.

Jun lifted himself a little higher until his gaze leveled with her. "I'm sorry, Jas. I made a mistake. I will never leave you out of my sight ever again."

He kissed the tears on her eyes. Licked the salty water from her cheeks. Jun pressed tender kisses on her skin as if apologizing for every hour he wasn't on her side. He kissed her over and over again. Trailing down kisses to her jaw, neck and shoulder. He would kiss ever part of her body and he would take his time doing it too if she lets him.

"Promise me. Promise me you'll never leave me again." Jasmine murmured, meeting his mouth with hers. Jun kissed her deeply, hunger seared in his throat.

"I promise, Jas." I promise I will destroy Yuan for you.