Missing

Hoon was sitting on his hospital bed by the time Jun made it to his room. His tired and swollen eyes told Jun he had just woken up. He wondered whether this is the first time he has woken up since his hospitalization or he has had a chance to check his messages yet?

Hoon's eyes widened in surprise as if he'd seen a ghost. He had not expected to see Jun at all.

"Jun...?"

Jun's eyes were soft when he greeted his brother. He assessed his condition and found nothing to fret about. "Yuan told me you were here."

Hoon closed his mouth that hanged slightly ajar. "Ah, it was just minor complication, Yuan insisted on having me admitted."

"Is that so?" Jun facial expression hardened at this.

Hoon tore his gaze away from Jun - well aware of the reason for his visit. If Jun decided to take an emergency flight back home, that meant Jasmine already spoke to him. "Has Jasmine talked to you?"

Jun shook his head, his eyes filming with sudden rage. "That's what I came here for. If you checked your messages, you'd know I'm looking for her."

Jun's answer took him by surprise. Hoon promptly searched for his phone and found it by his bedside table. The battery has gone out of it. "I'm sorry, Jun. I have no idea you were trying to reach me."

Jun let out a breath, he knew Hoon was telling the truth. He has not known Hoon to be a liar, it was Yuan he's worried about. "I've been at the guest house. Jasmine was not there."

Hoon's forehead knotted. "What do you mean? I left her home."

"I couldn't get a hold of her. She wasn't answering her phone."

Hoon tried to recall the events that unfolded that evening. He recalled how upset Jasmine was and he recalled trying to console her. He also recalled coming to the office and confronting Yuan about the situation.

He gasped just as something clicked to him suddenly.

"What's the matter?" Jun asked as he noticed Hoon's reaction.

Hoon was already yanking the IV fluid tube off his arm. "I need to get back to her, she's very upset."

"I already told you she's not there."

"Yeah, maybe she just went for a walk and came back. Jasmine likes her walks."

Jun's forehead knotted at the tone of Hoon's voice. The sound of familiarity in it. It was different from the time he remembered. There's no doubt in his mind Hoon and her had gotten closer while he was gone. He felt a pang of jealousy for the first time. He tried not to think of negative thoughts, tried not to let it consume him. Although, sometimes, when he's alone he can't help but wonder what's happening between those two behind his back.

----

Jun accompanied Hoon back at the mansion. When they got back, Hoon rushed inside the house looking for her, and when he didn't find her, he hurriedly charged his phone to call her.

Nothing. He was not able to get in contact with her either.

He felt helpless and distraught. He knew he shouldn't have left her alone. He couldn't help but blame himself about the situation.