Scared boy

Jasmine wondered if Jun is even going to ask if she wanted to go with him. Or if he's going to ask her if she'd be willing to quit her job. Seemed like all these decisions were being made for her. 

She hardly knew him that long but at the same time, she also doesn't mind having all these decisions being made for her. Moving to another country for a few months with all expense provided by a billionaire heartthrob seemed like a dream come true.

Speaking of heartthrob,  Jun laid stretched on his back on the bed. She had expected him to take her back to his childhood bedroom, but Jun decided his bachelor's pad was a better choice to for privacy. Far away enough where Hoon couldn't bother them. 

"Jun..." She crawled on the bed with him. 

"Hmmm?" Even Jun's voice sounded dragged and exhausted. 

"Are you serious about taking me with you?"

Jun smiled. Stress and exhaustion clouded his face but he managed to look invitingly gentle when he looked at her. "Do you want to come with me?" Hope laced the sound of his voice. He knew he had not asked her or anything when he made the declaration to Hoon earlier, but that was just his ego talking. 

He would never make any decision without her consensus or decide things for her. "I'm sorry about what happened back there. I just kinda said it, you know. You know I will never force you to come with me if you don't want to."

Jasmine doesn't know that, but she trusted him anyway. 

"What if I say I want to stay with Hoon for the reminder of the contract and take care of him while you are gone?"

Jun's face flattened. He gazed at her confused. "You want to stay with Hoon?"

"I've thought about it, and it seemed like your brother could use someone to really look after him."

A slight frown formed on his forehead. "Don't feel so bad for my brother, Jasmine. Hoon has a team of caretaker tending to him. He wanted you to stay because he likes you."

Jasmine pressed her mouth. She doesn't believe that. "I don't think he likes me. I think he's really sick."

Jun's face softened then. She doesn't have to tell him that. Jun rolled over to his side facing her now. "He is, but I can't leave you with my brother. I know him. I know he's infatuated with you."

"He's not, he just needs someone."

"I don't want you to." He pushed himself closer to her and kissed her lips. "Can't you just let other people take care of him? I'm worried you might actually fall in love with him." His voice had fallen so soft that he actually sounded like a scared boy right now. 

She kissed him back, a smile tugged on her lips. It's cute to see a confident man shed his shell and show his insecurities. She must be a lucky woman to make a man like him break his shell.

"I like you, Jun not him."