Chapter 2

|| harry ||

I couldn't stop thinking about Gabrielle..... I dreamt about her, I would loose sleep thinking about her, and I was just a mess. The other guys noticed it too.

"Uh, Harold? Are you alright?" Zayn asked me one day when we were recording in the studio.

"Yeah," I mumbled. I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and yawned. 

"No you're not." Liam said.

I sighed. "Yeah, I'm not."

"What's the matter?" Niall asked.

"It's about a girl, isn't it?" Liam asked me, taking a seat on the sofa beside me.

"Not just any girl, lads." Louis said, coming into the studio with bottles of water. "It's about that girl we met at the bookstore the other day, Gabrielle."

"Ooh Gabrielle," Niall and Zayn chimed.

I shook my head. "She's different. I mean, from other girls. Could you believe she didn't know who I was, who the band was?"

"Looks like fame in getting into someone's head," Liam said in a sing-song voice.

I slapped his arm lightly. "I dunno, there's just something about her."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

|| gabrielle ||

Harry was nice and charming but I didn't want a boyfriend at the moment. Maybe that would change but for now, that was going to be how it was.

I grew up in a small town in Illinois and was home-schooled until my senior year of high-school. I had never been outside my tiny town and didn't really follow celebrity gossip and such things. I had three sisters, Jessie, Morgan, and Helena. I was the middle child growing up. The boys in town would talk to me but Jessie, the oldest, and my parents were protective so talking to boys was never a strength since I had no practice.

Harry was easy to talk to also. I didn't feel awkward around him or nervous. That was until I found out he was some big celebrity. 

I really didn't understand what was the big deal with celebrities. They were normal people too, right? But I guess that phrase was slightly overrated because once I found out who Harry was, I began that same shy girl from Illinois that I was trying hard to forget. 

I had given Harry my number because he had looked sort of sad when I left. I didn't think he would call me or that something would come out of it. He was a celebrity after all. But then again, you never know.