Chapter 3

|| harry || 

It was before a concert and I was warming up with the boys. It had been almost a week with nothing from Gabrielle. She probably didn't want to see me again because I was some big celebrity. But the thing was, I didn't care if she knew me or not or whether she knew about the band or not. I just wanted her to see I was just a regular guy. I wanted her to know the real me, past my stardom. 

"Let's go boys," Zayn said as it neared the time we had to go on stage.

On our way to the stage entrance, we were met by fans.

"Hi, Harry," One said and came up to me, asking for an autograph.

"Hi," I said and signed the poster. She had long honey blond hair and dark brown eyes and was about my age. She was cute, I'd give her that. "What your name?"

"Gwen, Gwen Brown," She said as she smiled and took the pen and poster from my hands.

"Nice meeting you," I nodded to her and jogged to catch up with the guys. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

|| gwen ||

I was in love. Like, deeply in love. I loved Harry Styles before I even met him. When Sara got backstage passes and took me, I freaked out. I stayed cool and calm when I actually met Harry. He had to be the love of my life.

I bet I sounded like another crazy fan but it was true. 

Growing up in a tiny town in Illinois was hard. There were barely any cute guys there and we were practically isolated from the rest of the world. So when I turned sixteen, I got the heck out there and moved in with my sister and her boyfriend in London. Now I had my own apartment after finishing high school and was ready to see the world fully. I was studying to become a fashion designer. 

There weren't a lot of things that I missed about my home town. I was mostly glad to move. My ex-best friend Gabby and her sisters were the prettiest girls there so I didn't have a good shot at the boys when there were some worth glancing at. 

I did wonder where Gabby was now. Maybe back still back at Illinois or maybe elsewhere. She always said that she wanted to study abroad some day since we were both home-schooled for most of our lives. We haven't spoken in almost four years. I had stopped being her best friend when we were about fifteen. I just couldn't live in her immense shadow any more, always being her side-kick and her lesser known partner. 

It didn't matter. The next time I would see Gabby would probably be when I was famous and at Harry Styles' arm, as his girlfriend. Maybe it would happen and maybe it wouldn't. But a girl can dream, can't she?