Chapter 4

|| harry ||

After the concert, we packed up our stuff and got into the One Direction mobile. We headed to the airport because we were to fly to Birmingham to perform for our next concert. The girl Gwen that I met backstage was nice but she was a typical girl, a typical fan. Gabrielle was not so typical, she was different. Different was good.

"Hey, Haz, you okay?" Louis asked me, nudging me a little.

I bet I looked tired, worn, and maybe slightly sick. Maybe I was sick. I nodded slowly and leaned back in my seat. "How many more minutes 'til we get to the airport?" I croaked. It had been a long night and an even longer week. I've never felt any thing like this before over a girl. Never. All of this was new. 

"About ten," Zayn said.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Liam asked.

I shrugged. I didn't know what "okay" was any more. All I knew was that I had to see Gabrielle soon, whatever it took. Even if it killed me and at this point, it might. 

We finally reached the airport, I had almost thrown up twice. "Do you think you'll be able to travel?" Niall asked.

I shrugged and drank my bottle of water as we checked in and walked around, looking for our gate. 

"Nicolette, this is our gate," I heard a familiar voice say behind me.

I turned around and there she was. Her hair was in a messy bun on the top of her head and she wore sweatpants, a sweatshirt, and had a backpack on. Her friend, Nicolette, was trailing behind her.

"Gabrielle!" I called and jogged over to her.

She turned around and smiled when she saw me. "Harry, hi," She said.

Her friend said something in Italian and Gabrielle replied with a quick response. Her friend nodded and walked over to their gate. 

"So, funny meeting you here right?" Gabrielle said.

I nodded. "We just finished a concert and we're heading to Birmingham for another." 

We sat down on a bench. "I think you should take me to one of your concerts then." Gabrielle said with a sly grin.

I laughed. "Sure, whenever you're in town I'll get you tickets and backstage passes." 

She smiled and I swear she looked like an angel. I had to tell her how I felt about her. 

"So, listen, I-" 

"Harry! Let's go! We're boarding!" Louis yelled.

"I think your friend is calling you," Gabrielle nodded at Louis when I didn't turn around.

"Yeah but I need to tell you-" 

"Sorry, Harry, but I wouldn't want you to be left behind." Paul came up behind me and put a firm hand on my shoulder. 

I sighed and reluctantly got up as Paul leaded me to our gate. "I guess I'll see you around." Gabrielle called after me. 

I looked over my shoulder and Gabrielle was already a small figure in the distance.

I realized that I didn't just like Gabrielle, I felt much more. I thought I loved her. And I was going to make her mine. I would find her, I would go to the ends of the earth to make her happy, to make her mine.