Chapter 12

-------------------ONE YEAR LATER------------

|| gabrielle ||

"Hey, babe, I'll meet you back at the flat okay? I need to get ready for the interview." Harry said, pulling me in by the waist and kissing me on the forehead.

I smiled and kissed him on the cheek. "Okay, see you. I'll just get some groceries and I'll see you there." I said as he walked away, backwards, blowing me a kiss.

I laughed and stepped inside the grocery store. It was all so surreal, Harry and I dating. I had gotten to know the boys so well and was at every single concert. I was even invited onto a interview. It was crazy but I loved it. Anything I did with Harry made me happy. We were almost an inseparable couple. 

I grabbed a basket and wandered up and down the isles, looking for what I needed. I finished quickly, knowing Harry and his gorgeous smiling face would be home waiting for me. 

"Ow," I said as someone ran into me.

'Sorry, I didn't-" 

Almost simultaneously, we both looked up. Her hair was cut short, layered at her shoulders. She looked tanner and yet slightly older of course, as I bet I looked, but she looked.....I didn't know how she looked. She looked the same of course, same slightly up-turned nose, same full-lips, same high cheekbones.....but different.

"Hi." I said, not knowing how she would respond. I haven't spoken to her in amost five years and I haven't seen her since that disaster at the club a year ago. 

"Hey," She said, her voice even. 

And that was it. Nothing else said, nothing else meant but a mere interaction between two people. We both quickly went our separate ways. As I paid, I saw her leave the store with a tall guy with beach blond hair. He threw his arm around her and she wrapped an arm around his waist.

Our eyes met for a brief moment and I smiled at her. 

She seemed to get the message, she always did. She smiled back and continued to walk out of sight. 

                                                            [ The End ~ Feedback? ]