Chapter 6

|| gabrielle ||

I was crying. I was crying and shaking. I couldn't believe what just happened. Nicolette pulled me in close and was hugging me and stroking my hair and telling me everything was going to be alright. But it wasn't. 

Harry had laid it all out there and I rejected him. I couldn't tell him I felt the same way, I couldn't. He was too good for me. I was trying to convince myself I was doing everyone a favor but rejecting Harry so he could find someone of his status and worthy enough for him. But I just felt awful, awful and sad. I couldn't imagine what he felt like. 

We took off a few minutes after I hung up from my conversation with Harry. A minute or so after that, I started to break down. Nicolette comforted me and the flight attendant brought me tissues and a water. I was grateful for everyone's kindness of course but I just wanted to be left alone. 

I wasn't heartbroken because he didn't have my heart fully in the first place. I had feelings for him though. But I was just sad. I had a shot at happiness and I turned away from it. 

When I was younger, my sisters used to get angry at me for not thinking things through. I was impulsive and sometimes irrational but that was how I was. I guessed what had happened with Harry was a result of that.

All I had to do now was keep my distance, travel with Nicolette and not think about boys or Harry. We were two people and it was a big world. It couldn't possibly be that hard. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

|| harry || 

My heart was broken, it was in pieces. I didn't think I could go on. Maybe I sounded over-dramatic but Gabrielle had meant the world to me. I couldn't stop thinking about her. I couldn't let her go as much as she had hurt me. There was something special about her. 

"In five, boys," One of our managers said. We were preparing to go on for another concert and I was still a wreck. I didn't want to perform but I wasn't about to let our fans down. 

"Hey, Harry!" 

I turned around and that same fan was backstage again with a pen and another poster in hand. Gwen was her name, I thought. 

"Hi, you look familiar," I said as I signed the poster.

She smiled. "Yeah, Gwen, remember?" 

I nodded. "I don't forget a pretty face."

She giggled. "Well, if you ever want to see this pretty face again, give me a call." Gwen handed me her number. 

"Thanks, maybe I will." I told her and tucked the slip of paper in my pocket. Maybe I had to kiss Gabrielle goodbye and keep moving on. Maybe Gwen was my bounce-back. Who knew?