Welcome Home

|Mount Justice: September 10 14:06 EDT|  

The team just stared at the new teammate in painful silence.

Flare plastered on a nervous smile, refusing to look up.

"Where are your shoes?" Miss Martian broke the silence and questioned her with a smile.

Flare's eyes widen slightly realizing her clumsiness. She begins to flush, then quickly bends the floor, covering her feet with her cloak.

Black Canary came closer to her ear, lowering her voice and placing her hand on her shoulder. "Flare, I think it's best that you should apologize to your new friends..."

Flare looked up to them and was preparing to say something.

"I-"   Then her nose started to twitch.

"A- aaa.. aa choo." Her sneeze sounded so high-pitched, like a squeaky mouse. The team started to laugh really hard.

"Hehe, that's the cutest thing I ever heard," Artemis toppled over, trying to catch a breather from intense laughing.

Flare's cheeks begin to flush brightly.

"I-I'm s-s-sorry." She embarrassingly lowers her head down low.

Aqualad came over and pats on her shoulder.

"Hehe... It's okay, we forgive you."

Wally speeds right in front of her, causing her to flinch.

"Where were you doll?" He smiled.

"W-where was I?"

"Yeah, I was also curious... Where were you? Here in the cave?" Robin adds.

"The team can figure this out later..." Batman cuts in.

"Flare, are you ready to go?" Black Canary

She nods.

"Ready to go where?" Robin questioned.

"I'm sorry, but this is none of your concern...It's a private matter," Black Canary responded.

"Awww.. I wanted to get to know more about baby doll." Wally complained.

"Stop calling her baby doll. It's creeping us out." Artemis rolled her eyes.

Black Canary walked ahead into the Zeta Tubes, and Flare followed her. She then looks back and waves her new teammates' goodbyes. Her smiles surely can warm the hearts of her teammates.

"Recognize Black Canary one...three...; Flare B...one...two

"Isn't she very cute? Hehe," Miss Martian continues.

"She seems so familiar..." Robin begins to wonder.

"Oh really, like how?" Wally jokingly interrogated him.

"Relax, KF, I'm simply just saying that I could have met her before... It's just I can't put my finger quite on it..."

"I'm sure you'll figure it out, Robin," M'gann assured him.

"Thanks"

"What's left is that Fox," Superboy reminded.

"Yes, I'm curious too. Why isn't the fox shown on the heat scanners... Robin, do you think something went wrong with the equipment?" Aqualad joined in.

"My Equipment should be found. I regularly... check it." Robin starts to doubt.

"Maybe those tiny paws walked on out long ago?" Artemis teased.