Mia's Death & Destiny The Savior

FYI: This chapter is the third part of the continuation flashback from Chapter(s): Intruders: The Reds Pt. III  & The Last Time

(Feel free to return to these chapters to re-cape before you continue with this chapter.)

**WARNING: SOME SCENE(S) MAY BE GRAPHIC THAT SOME VIEWERS FIND IT DISTURBING**

**VIEWERS DISCRETION ADVISED**

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|UNKNOWN: December of 2008|

I instantly got up and yanked Mia's arm towards me. 

"What the hell do you think you are doing?!" I raised my voice in a whispered tone.

"Oh ho ho, looks like the rat has buddies." She hissed.

"THE RAT IS NOT HER. IT'S YOU," Mia said, insulting her back.

"MIA ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?!" I stared down at her, angry but more in shock at what she said.

"HUHAHAHAHAH!" Celia's crooked laughs echo loudly throughout the arena.

The ones who were left standing froze, stopped what they were doing, and ran as far away from us as they could. 

Celia held up her hands, and a gooey substance formed inside of her palms.

Destiny whipped her head around and glared at Mia. The face that said, 'You are so dead'.

Destiny jumped backward and expanded her wings to protect Mia and me.

"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE--"

"HA!" Toxic darted deadly gooey bombs that were aiming straight towards us. Destiny blows out a cold crystalized breath.  The gooe froze and dropped like golf balls. Celia looked up, stunned at Destiny, and her facial expression rapidly changed to rage. 

"YOU!" She charged at Destiny with her palms filled with poison.

Destiny spread her wing backward, nudging me. I look at her in panic. She glared at me from the corner of her eye then said,

"Go!"

"NO!" Mia refused.

I grabbed Mia's arm without a second thought. Then,

*POW!POW*

Destiny was already engaged in an intense all-out war. The heavy winds and the sound of flapping feathers with loose floating feathers were everywhere. It's becoming chaotic. It's like a scene when a predator rips apart a poor, defenseless bird. All you see is a scary scene, nothing but feathers. 

Mia froze in fear. She didn't know what to do with herself. I'm at loss as well. I couldn't believe this was happening to us all. The fight to the death.  We are just kids.

"GOO!" Destiny screeched. 

Destiny snaps me back to reality. I snatched Mia's hand and yanked her from harm's way. As we ran from a great distance, I suddenly heard a screeching,

"NOOO00oooo!!!"

Everything went in slow motion, yet my reflexes were painfully slower. My eyes grew wider as the giant glob of burning acid came closer to land its victim. My throat clogged involuntarily, and no voice screamed out for warning. I thought I had Mia close to me.  The next second, a deadly high-pitched scream of bloody murder. The most heart-ripping sound I could ever hear. I involuntarily held my breath, and I felt I was going to die as well.  

Her screams came to an end, and all you hear left is distant syndical laughing. I watched her melt into nothing left of her to be buried.
Then Instantly,...

|The End of Flash Back|

|Mount Justice: September 30 10:20 EDT|

Flare's POV

The atmosphere between the team and I has not settled. I can sense that someone is watching me. Yet, I didn't care.  The shock of them finding out that I am part fox (even if it's something small), I ended up reopening the scars of their trust. I hate to admit it, but part of me felt torn too. Why did I hope for them to understand?

Lately, my mind has been wandering again. I've been forcing myself to remember what happened after the murder of Mia's death and the days after that. Everything is just a blur. I wonder what had happened to Destiny and Celia. I wonder how the Justice League rescued me. How did I get here? Here I am, In the Library, looking at the only mug shot photo left in memory of Mia.  My tears dried up long ago.

"I miss her"

I placed the book back into its hiding place. The second I walked out of the bookshelf aisle, Miss Martian was standing there a few feet away from the fireplace area, nervously playing with her feet. My mind was so clouded I failed to sense Miss Martian's arrival.  I shyly adjusted and secured my hood over my head.

"Miss Martian?" I brought her attention back to me.

" H-Hey.. Flare, it's been a few days since we last saw or talked since.." she trailed off. " I just wanted you to know that I can understand how you feel.. I wish not to go into detail how.." she walked in front of me and warmly placed her hand on my shoulder.

"But, I want you to know that I am here for you"

"Thank you, Miss Martian." I gave her a reassuring smile.

"I'm sorry Conner overreacted... He"

"I would have done the same. I wouldn't trust.. me either after what just happened." Miss Martian was taken aback by what I said. 

I continued, " But, I have my reasons M'gann. I assure you.. I'm not the enemy"

I can tell she is pondering deeply about what I just said. Surprisingly, her expression showed relief, and accepted it. Frustrated, I questioned her in disbelief,

"You trust me?" 

"Hehe, I want to trust you but I still have some doubts"

I smiled a little.

" Do you want to make some Hot Chocolate? I like to drink some in front of the warm fireplace?" I offered.

"Ooo, Yes! I would like that very much."

We walk together into the kitchen and made some Hot chocolate. We had many enjoyable conversations. The hot topic we end up talking the most about is M'gann's all-time favorite TV show: Hello Megan. I was so intrigued by the storylines and laughed at the funny moments when we finished drinking our hot chocolate before sitting in front of the fireplace. All the good moments came to a screeching halt when Super Boy walked in.

"M'Gann, What do you think you are doing with this mole?"