Who Betrayed Who?

The obscurity. The emptiness. The silence. That's how I would want to feel when life ends like this. And really, it makes sense. The blissful life that I had once before was ripped away from me. And, what's the point? Nothing I do, is never done right. Would it have been better, if I would just disappear?

Flare's POV

"Rosalie? Rose, Hey!"

The weighty eye hardly cracks open. My sight faintly brought into focus the person in front of me.

"Rose! Ro- H-Hey! She's alive. She's going to be okay."

With very little energy, I couldn't feel a thing. My lips and every able body part are numb. It's a miracle I was able to have the strength to focus on the person before me. It was Black Canary.

"She doesn't look so good. She needs medical attention, now."  She alarmed whoever was around. 

"We need to get her out of there first!" She ordered.

My eye begins to close shut. My last spark of energy is now fading.

"Rose? Hang in there. We will get you out of there." Her reassuring words gradually mutters into silence.

* * *

|Mount Justice: September 23, 6:00 EDT|

"Mia!"

"MIA!"

"MIAAA!" I woke up from a startling nightmare. I felt my body spazzing in the bed as if it was shocked by electricity once my eye shot open. A drop of sweat slid down the side of my temple and a tear reached down the end of my cheek. My racing heart is slowly calming down. Curiosity overcame me as scanned the room I was in. It's simple, clean, and with lots of ample space including home-warming furniture. As I rose to get out of bed, I hit my head against to something hard. My hands observe the clear glass object above me.

"Your healing process will complete T minus 30 seconds "My custom-designed healing pod robotically announces its final status. I forgot The League designed this pod, especially for me. Normal medical attention no longer works for me. They found out the hard way. Only fire or intense heat of energy can replenish my wounds quicker than normal human beings. The more damaged or injured I am, the longer the process is to heal.

"T minus 10 , 9...

I was very fortunate that The League found me before it was too late for me. Batman, Superman but, mostly Black Canary took responsibility for me for those two years. My healing process, physically, lasted for almost two weeks. However, my mental and social healing process lasted just as long as two years.  Let's just say I was a wreck. After meeting the Team, I am determined to start a new life. I want to make good lasting friendships and to try my best to be positive for the Team.

My healing pod conveniently opens its thick glass door, setting me free.

"Process completed" I slowly brought my feet to the ground. I looked at the sitting clock on the night table next to the pod.

"How long was I out?" I questioned myself. "Could it be more than 6 hours?" I got up deciding to test how well my body was healed. Throwing some punch and setting some maneuvers.

"Wow.." I still can't believe how well and quickly my body would heal.

As I prepare to set foot out the door, I follow my senses of my hearing. I could hear the commotion of construction building equipment going off from one direction and voice of multiple people in the other direction. I decided to follow the voices, directing me towards the entrance Circle.

"What we need is answers"

"Yeah!..... No wait, you can leave that here"

"YOU KNEW!" Superboy was louder than I expected once I reached the area they were all in.

"Conner! What are you doing?" M'gann rushed, flying even, over to Superboy's side.

"He knew we had a MOLE  in the team.. YOU ALMOST DIED!" 

"Sportsmaster was the one who provided me the infor-"

"WHAT?! YOU CAN'T BELIEVE HIM" Artemis scoffs at that idea. " You could have provided that information to US.."

"ENOUGH" Batman shut them up with one word. My heart almost stopped. I respect Batman as a Father. To the point that I fear to disappoint him and if I ever hear that tone of voice again, I am in for a lot of trouble. I walk in closer to see what Batman will be presenting on the virtual screen above.

"I would like all of you to investigate further the recent gorilla attack in Northern India" Batman sent the headline of 'Gotham Truth Rag' to the screen.

"Gotham Mayor Attacked by Guerilla Gorilla. Really, is this some kind of a joke?" Kid Flash was clearly not enlightened about this new mission.

"Come on, Batman, Please tell me when we are NOT going for a wild gorilla chase," Robin complained.

Batman leaned forward a little bit to Robin,

"I don't joke about the mission"

"Captain Marvel volunteered to be your 'den-mother'" He continued. 

Captain Marvel walked up and said, "Looking forward to hang with you" He ended with a smile.

Later Superboy threatens Aqualad saying,

"When I dismantle Red Tornado, remind me to- "

"-Red Tornado is The League's responsibility" Batman cut him off.

"Obviously, the enemy is getting smarter and one step ahead of us. As usual." I startled them all after I spoke up. They all spun their heads towards me.

Almost all of the Team came towards me, puzzled.

"Oh my Gosh, Wow! Flare are you okay?" M'gann flew in front of me and grabbed my hands without hesitation. I could tell she was about to tear up after I nodded to reassure her that I was fine. Artemis came up,

"I'm glad you are okay.. But, what do you mean as-" Artemis turned to look at Batman and Black Canary, who showed up behind her.

"-All but, you, will be going to this mission." He pointed at me. "You in for questioning.." His tone was serious, like scary serious.

"What do you mean, 'Your in for questioning' don't tell me you are suspecting Flare to be part of this Mole Fiasco?!" Robin nearly exploded.

"What you should be questioning the most is AQUALAD " Kid Flash jumped in.

"HeheHAHAHAHA" I couldn't hold my laughter at this ridiculousness. Of course, it's too good to be true. They didn't trust me, they were keeping a close watch on me. I'm their responsibility too. Everyone was in shock and silent after they saw me laughing like some crazy person.

"Fine. I figured this would happen." As if I was defeated, I walked past the Team and walked to stand by at Batman's side. I gave him the look and to Black Canary.

"You're clearly joking!" Artemis leaned on one side and crossed her arm. Now all are exchanging glances at each other.