Intruders: The Reds | Pt. II

My instinct told me to duck.

As I made my move in slow motion, I could see a powerful red metal arm springing out above my head. I reflexively swirled around the big bot and ran. That's when I realized I made the biggest mistake. I take a fearful peek behind. A tsunami was towering down at me.

'No!'

I flinched, preparing for impact.

My body was slammed to the hard concrete floor with such great force. Then, I was taken away in the current, tumbling and twirling with no end in sight. My lungs began to burn, yearning for air but, I couldn't reach the surface. My skin felt like I was covered in a swarm of stinging bees. I couldn't hold out much longer.

'This is it...'

Finally, the water subsided. Dumping me in front of Superboy and Kidflash.

"Flare! Hey, Flare, Are you alright?" KF yelled from above in the metal structure that they were both bind in.

The ringing in my ears muffled the voices. My head pounded; over and over. My soaked hood weighed over my head. My hair stuck to the surface of my skin.

"M'Gann!" Superboy yelled at the top of his lungs.

"Kaldur!" Kidflash yelled right after.

My guess is that they have been captured as well. I needed to concentrate and stay focused. Panicking or giving up is not going to solve the issue.

'I should trick them into thinking that I was knocked out..' 

The big one stomped its heavy feet toward me. Then, stop to a halt.  When I was playing dead, he grabbed the back of my collar and lifted me up. Hoping to surprise him, I double-kicked his cold metal chest freeing myself from his grasp. My strength was not strong enough to knock him down. I dashed for my life straight to M'Gann and Aqualad to save them. The thinner red robot stopped increasing the fire cage that she created to cage over Miss Martian and Aqualad. I brought her attention towards me then she aim her hand at me. This brought a slight smile plastered on my face.

|Flashback: Three Years ago|

"Rosie, I am scared. What are they going to do to us today? Don't tell me it's time for the Test!"  the small girl's eyes widen as she begins to panic.

"Shshshsh, Hey! Look; Look at me." I grabbed her face to look into her eyes. "Be Strong. Don't let them take away who you are and change you into something you are not. You have to fight.... even if it means it will be... our last." I stared at her seriously. " We can do this," I assured her. More so, assuring myself mostly.

"ah!" Mia was startled by the loud buzzing alarm going off in the empty, giant stadium-looking arena. We were not the only ones in here. I looked around us, being surrounded by many young kids who could be around my age. My head started to pound after each buzz went off. On top of that, all the kids started to panic and cry. Mia too.

"Test Combat #10; BEGIN," the noisy speaker went off from above.

Every kid started to scream in horror. Most of them darted and scattered like sheep running away from a preying wolf. Mia let go of my hand and was forced to distance herself from me. This is my 3rd time dancing over my grave because of this cruel game the white coats invented. It begins announcing a loud commotion, destruction popping one place after another.

"ROSIE LOOK OUT!" 

Alerted, I faced toward the direction Mia was pointing to. Then next second, I felt a sudden pain on the right side of my face. I  reached to touch it, shocked and confused about what just happened. I could barely see. Some watery fluid dripped off from each corner of my face. Agonizing wailing reach in and pierce the fragile inner parts of my ears. I could hardly see Mia. She was on her knees, crying and emitting rays of bright lights. Powerful enough to burn her surroundings and to make every kid stop what they were doing. Waiting for her to blow.

"LEAVE US ALOONEE!" Mia screeched.

|End of Flashback|

"FLARE!" 

A blaze of fire headed towards me. I stretch my hands out, ready to grasp it. Once it reached my fingertips and then onto my entire body, I felt this calming sensation. My body began to slowly heal then the fire disappeared. I was greatly frustrated and disappointed. I roar a charging scream towards the female robot. Taunting her to throw at me some more. It worked, but she threw huge fireballs one after another this time. One enough to have me to be overflowed with energy. As the second one hit, my body reflectively went into a surging state, causing my entire body to be covered in fire. In the distance, I could see M'gann and Aqualad were caged in by fire a few feet away. They seem to be not responding.

"M'Gann?! Aqualad?!" I lost my cool after seeing them in a painful state. I instantaneously stretch my hand directly towards them. Inches before I could touch the fire cage to absorb it, I had this bad feeling that this was too easy to be true.

"FLARE, LOOK OUT!"

The second I turned my head to the left, the heavy metal man was right next to me. Rushing to make a decision, I went ahead to absorb the fire instantly. Time seemed to slow down when I could see the incoming water rising behind him in slow motion. This time, it is bigger than the last two that happened. It seemed to reach almost to the top, towards the ceiling of the hanger. Seeing how tall it was getting, my knees began to buckle, knowing that fact I might not make it. Disappointed that I was not useful enough to save them. 

'Did I not try harder? Was I scared? Did I give false hope? Was It a mistake to try to be a Hero?'

I looked up, trembling in fear. I realized that I regret doing so. I shut my eyes tight and blazed every bit of ounce of fire in me at my heavy metal opponent. I roared my last battle cry.