Nice To Meet You

Blessen

A tear fell down my cheek as I looked through the photo album that held old pictures of my mother, eldest sister, and I. She died a year ago today and still it hurt like she left yesterday.

My mother was everything to me and when she died I lost myself for awhile. I was thankful for my sister and my daughter because they kept me sane and focused.

My door swung open as I was greeted with my sister, Onyx. She had a key to my apartment so I wasn't shocked to see her at this time of morning. She pulled up at my house every morning waking me and my daughter up but I was used to it and I loved it. I enjoyed being around her. We are best friends.

"Aww sissy! What's wrong?! Who do we have to beat?!" She exclaimed jumping in my bed before wrapping her arms around me as I laid on her chest sniffling. I snuggled into her feeling her warmth.

"I miss mommy." I frowned. I woke up with her on my mind, as usual but today it hit me a little harder. Some days you wake up thinking it's a dream and other days you realize that the person who you love unconditionally is never coming back and those days are the worst.

"Me too, B." She said. Onyx always hid her emotions very well. We were all so close to my mother so I know that her losing our mother hurt her deep. She never showed her emotions to me but I knew she was hurt just as much as I am. "If she was here right now she would say "Guh, get your ass up and stop whining" so get your ass up and stop whining."

"I'm getting up." I laughed wiping my eyes before removing from her embrace.

"You have class today?" She asked as I nodded. I was currently in my last semester of college where I am studying business.

"Yeah, just my Biology class."

"Great, I'm stuck with Blu." She teased.

"Don't play with my child." I laughed searching through my closet for an outfit. I found a pair of ripped light washed jeans, a plain white crop top, and a pair of fuzzy slippers. I always dressed comfortably to school.

"Your child is sassy as fuck. What else do we need to do for her birthday party?" She questioned as I made my bed. My daughter, Blu would be turning three next weekend and we had a huge, watermelon themed birthday planned for her, per her requests. I have her spoiled the same way my mother had me.

"Ayden already paid the DJ and the event planners." I said referring to Blu's father. We separated a year after Blu was born and I never looked at another man since. "I paid the caterers for the food and sweets. The cake will be ready the morning of."

"I hope he's not bringing his bitch." Onyx rolled her eyes with her hands on her hips looking just like our mother.

"She can come. I don't care about him or her." I shrugged. Ayden is currently dating some new chick which was none of my concern. He just has a habit of bringing every new bitch he comes in contact with around my daughter. If they were serious and he plans on being with the girl for awhile, I had no problem.

"I'll go get Blu ready." She shrugged. I sighed before before brushing my teeth and hopping in the shower. I moisturized my body before slipping into my clothes and applying light makeup to my face. I straightened my hair that Onyx installed a week ago. I was proud to have a bomb ass hair stylist as a sister. I also worked at her shop doing makeup. I had become pretty successful so upon graduating I planned on opening my own place of business.