#1 ~ Dream

You were sat on the edge of your bed, reading a book. You were a bit of a book worm and you knew it; in fact, you were quite proud of it. However, it caused you to receive a bit of stick from your fellow ShadowHunter, Jace, but at the end of the day, you knew that it was just playful banter; you and Jace were very similar. The thought of Jace,made your stomach flip and your heart beat ten times faster than it normally would.

You smiled as he raced through your mind. You couldn't deny that Jace was attractive and there were occasional moments where you'd dreamt of Jace brushing you off of your feet and pulling your body close to his and kissing you like you'd never been kissed before. However, whenever you had these thoughts you had to brush them off, not only because you'd end up blushing like mad, transforming into a bright red cherry tomato, but because you knew that you and Jace could never be together. Being ShadowHunters, it was too dangerous for the two of you. Even if you could be together, you knew that Jace would probably never look at you like that, like nothing more than a fellow ShadowHunter, partner in crime, fighter, co-worker. 

Now depressed, you went back to your book and indulged yourself into the fictional world that you had discovered within the pages of your book. In fact, you'd become so engrossed in the fake world that you hadn't heard someone knock at the door and proceed to open it. It was Jace. He closed the door behind him and waited for a moment to see if you would return from the fictional world to the real one and realise that you were standing there. When you didn't, he coughed slightly and spoke. "(Y/n)." He voice was gentle and a little shaky but it was still enough to make you jump slightly and fall back into the real world. "Sorry. I didn't mean to make you jump." He stated as you placed the book mark into your book and turned to face him. 

"It's okay." You smiled at him. He smiled back for a second before looking down at his shoes. "Is everything alright?" You asked, trying to catch a glimpse of his face. After a few moments, he looked up at you. "I need to talk to you." He said, nervously. You nodded in response, before he shuffled over to you bed and sat down beside you. "I don't know how to say this..." He started, his eyes, not leaving yours. They were a deep blue and brown but every now and again. there was a shimmer of gold that could not be missed. "The thing is right-" He stopped to regroup his thoughts. "The truth is-" He took a deep breath. "I had a dream about you." He awaited your response. Your heart felt like it was beating at a million beats a second but you remained calm. "Okay." You said. "What type of dream?" 

"A....heated dream."

"A heated dream?"

"Yes. We were hanging out and laughing. Y'know, like we usually do and one thing led to another and we were kissing." He blushed slightly. "And now, I-I-I can't stop thinking about it. About you." You bit your lip slightly as he leaned forward and stared into your eyes. Your heart fluttered. You took a slight breath and leaned forward to kiss him slightly. You pulled away and stared at him. This was the most nervous you'd probably ever felt. Jace smirked slightly before pulling your body closer to his, just as you had imagined it. He was warm as he held you in his arms. He placed his hand on the back of you head and through your hair and placed the other on your back. His lips suddenly, connected with yours again, this time more passionately than before and was everything you'd ever wanted it to be, all you ever dreamed it would be. 

The two of you pulled apart, slightly and laughed. "You are so beautiful (Y/n) (Y/L/n)." He moved a strand of hair from your face. "You're not that bad yourself Wayland." He kissed the top of your head, laughing as you buried your head into his chest.