#7 ~ Her Father

You and Jace stood together in the institute. Jace's arms were wrapped around your waist, he kissed your neck. The two of you had been together for nearly months and this was the happiest you had ever felt. Jace was everything you had wanted and more, he was the perfect boyfriend. You turned around to look at him, his gold eyes shimmering in the light. You wrapped your arms around his neck and kissed him. "You really are one of a kind." He smiled "and I love you."

"I love you too." You smiled as you placed your head on his shoulder. Someone coughed behind you. You both turned around to see your father (F/n) stood behind you. "Sorry to interrupt, whatever this is." You and Jace stood apart from each other, knowing that your father refused relationships between two ShadowHunters, as he had always told you that "It distrupts work."

"I'm going to pretend that I didn't see that." He said. Some part of you wanted to believe that it was you father upset that his little girl was growing up and getting into relationship but he had never been that kind of father. "(Y/n)." He continued. "You know that I don't like it."

"I'm a grown woman. I can be in a relationship."

He shook his head. "Yes but not with a ShadowHunter."

"Excuse me." You said "But this is my life."

"Okay, say this relationship lasts and the two of you are out on a mission and you get so caught up in the moment that he forgets what's actually important and whilst trying to save his own ass, you get hurt." He spat as he spoke. 

"That'd never happen." You looked at Jace. "Look, I know that you don't approve of me but I love (Y/n) very much and she would be the first thing on my mind on a mission. I'd rather die than let anything happen to her." 

Your father looked at the two of you. "If you make my daughter happy, then how can I argue? How can I not approve of you if you have my daughter's best interests at heart?" He walked out the room, leaving You and Jace alone. "You're the first person that my father has ever actually approved off." You told him, your hands on his chest. He leaned down and kissed you. 

"Even if he didn't, I'd fight till he did."