#6 ~ Date Night

Two Years. You had waited for two years but now it was happening and it was everything you and ever imagined it to be. Jace was a true gentleman and you really felt that tonight, he had let his guard down. 

Jace had taken you to an amazing restaurant for your date; which he admitted that he'd enlisted the help of Alec, Izzy, Luke, Maryse, even Magnus whilst trying to find the restaurant. Apparently, to quote Jace; "They were bloody useless. No help at all!" They mainly joked that he couldn't take a girl out on a romantic date to save his life. 

Over dinner, you talked, laughed as you shared embarrassing stories about each other. "You're so beautiful (Y/n)." Jace had observed across the table, making you blush. "I've always thought it." He stated. "I've just never had the courage to tell you or too ask you out."

"What changed?" You had asked, curious. He poured you more wine.

"Remember that mission that we went on? You got badly hurt." You nodded, remembering it well. "It made me realise how much I care about you and if you have die-" He stopped. "I wouldn't have been able to cope." You held his hand and gripped it. He smiled at you.

He had offered to walk you home until he realised that his home was yours; the institute. Laughing, you walked back arm in arm. When you arrived back at the institute, everyone had seemed to wait up for you. "Well, this isn't awkward." He smiled. "We should wave, like royalty." He proceeded to wave like a king, questionably, the queen. Alec walked down the stairs. "Alright everyone. Back to work! Let the man walk her too her door." He winked at the two of you. Jace walked you too your bedroom door. "Well." You said, looking at the door. "This is me." Jace nodded. "Thank you for a great night." 

"Thank you." You replied, taking Jace's hands in yours. 

"Can we do this again?" He asked hopefully. You smiled at him and leaned forward. He placed his hand behind your head as your lips locked. Sparks went flying as butterflies flew around in your stomach. You parted. "Definitely."