#11 - Hero

"One of us should go and check on (Y/n)." Izzy said as she stood with Jace, and Alec, as they discussed the best way to approach the latest demon that they were up against.  "Yeah, she really stormed off when we told her the plan to wait until more Shadowhunters come to the institute so we have a better chance of killing this thing." Alec added. Jace nodded as he tapped the table. "I'll go and see if she's okay." He left the two of them and headed up to (Y/n)'s room. 

He knocked on the door. "(Y/n)?" He asked, but there was no answer. He knocked again, but still no answer. He opened the door slowly to find the bedroom empty but the window wide open; the curtains blowing slightly in the wind. "You have got to be kidding me." Jace said, as he shut the door, and ran back down to see Alec and Izzy. "Is she alright?"

"She's not there." Jace said as he grabbed his weapon. 

"What do you mean she's not there?" Questioned Alec. 

"It means she's not in her bedroom, but the window is wide open." Jace answered as e watched both Izzy and Alec grab their weapons too. 

"We need to move now!" Izzy said. "She doesn't stand a chance against this thing on her own."

The three of the ran through the institute, Alec putting out an urgent alert for more Shadowhunters to join them. "If we don't move quickly, (Y/n) will surely die out there." If Jace was certain of one thing, it was that he definitely not going to let (Y/n) die out there. 

_______________

(Y/n) had run away from the institute. If Alec, Izzy, or Jace, weren't going to deal with this, then she was going to have to do it herself. The longer that this demon was out there in the world, the more people were at risk from being hurt, and with (Y/n) being a ShadowHunter, she definitely wasn't about to let that happen.

After a while of wondering around, she had managed to gain it's attention and ended up down a dark alleyway; she was alone with this demon, and determined that she was going to kill it herself.  The demon ran at her, and she pulled out her weapon. Just as she went to stab it, she was hurled out of the way by someone else. They two of them landed on the ground, and when (Y/n) looked up to see Jace crouching over her. "Jace!" She exclaimed in annoyance. "What the hell are you doing?"

"What the hell am I doing?" He gave a small, annoyed laugh. "What the hell are you doing?"

"What does it look like I'm doing?" (Y/n) asked as she pushed Jace off of her, and stood up, grabbing her weapon. She tried to run back towards the demon, and Jace tried to grab her; but she was stopped by Alec. "I'm sorry (Y/n), but I can't let you do that." He pushed her towards Jace. "Jace, get her out of here."

"Are you sure you guys are going to be alright? Jace asked as she looked to the small army of Shadowhunters. "We've got it; see you back at the institute." 

Jace grabbed hold of (Y/n)'s hand and dragged her with him. "Why would you do that?" (Y/n) asked. "I had it under control."

"No, you didn't. You were going to get yourself killed."

"Jace, I---"

"No (Y/n)!" Jace looked at (Y/n). "I would never be able to live with myself if you got killed. Please, don't ever run off like that again." He leaned in and kissed her. "I love you too much to lose you."