#4 ~ Waking up

You stirred in bed. You opened your eyes to be blinded by the sunlight that was now shining through the windows; so you shut your eyes again.  Slowly, you tried opening your eyes again, allowing them to readjust to the light. As they did, you looked around the room and it took you a minute or so to realise that you weren't in your own room, but somebody else's. 

You rubbed your eyes, trying to remember what had happened last night. You remember going to the The Hunter's Moon with Alec, Jace, Izzy and Maryse to celebrate to success of a mission that had been ongoing for months. You remembered that Luke had ended up going you as well. However, that's all you seemed to remember. You pulled the covers up to your body, realising that you weren't actually wearing anything. The person that was lay beside you stirred, you stopped and slowly turned to see who it was. Oh my god. You thought to yourself as you turned to see Jace lay beside you. 

You felt paralysed. Had the two of you actually slept together? Or had you just decided to take off all of your clothes and fall asleep in the same bed? You really hoped that it was the second option. He stirred again for a moment before his eyes opened and he looked at you. "Hey (Y/n)." He smiled for second before sitting up rather quickly. "(Y/n)?" He looked at you, the covers pulled up around your body. "What are you doing here?" He asked you. His chest was bare, exposing all of his runes. "I'm having a picnic! What the hell do you think I'm doing?" He gave a slight nod. "Did we, y'know, have sex?" You sighed, running your hand through your hair.

"I was hoping you knew the answer to that." You replied, honestly. He looked under the covers for a second. "Are you wearing any clothes? Any at all?" You shook your head, going red as you were clearly embarrassed. "No."

"Wow..." He said, clearly lost for words, which made a change as Jace always had something to say. "Do you regret it?" He asked. 

"Honestly." You said, looking at him as you made sure you didn't expose anything. "I don't really remem-" As you said this, it all came flooding back to you. By the end of the night, it was just you and Jace, you had been drinking and he'd kissed you. You came back to the institute and ended up in bed together. You remembered everything, every feeling you felt the night before. You felt safe and wanted. You blushed. "(Y/n)?" Jace asked you. "I don't regret it. I think that this was meant to happen." He moved closer to you and placed a hand on your shoulder. His hands were warm. You subconsciously ran your hand along his arm. He placed his hand behind your head and the two of you leaned forward about to kiss.

Just then the door opened. It was Izzy. "Hey Jace. Have you seen (Y/n)?" She stopped. "Never mind, I found her myself." She smiled, folding her arms. 

"Has Jace seen her?" You heard Alec shout as Izzy stood in the doorway. You and Jace just sat there awkwardly as Alec now arrived at the door. "Oh." He laughed. "That's awkward." He looked at Jace. "About time though, eh Bro?" He smiled. "Was it everything you dreamed it would be?" You looked at Jace as he threw a pillow at Alec. "Do one!" He said as they closed the door behind them. "We'll leave you to it." Izzy had said. Has Jace dreamed about me? You wondered. 

"What did he mean?" You asked Jace as he climbed out of bed and put some sweatpants on. "Alec." You added.  Jace looked at you. 

"The truth is, I think you're beautiful and way out of my league." He shook his head. You got out of his bed, the cover now wrapped around your body. Your bodies were now pressed against each others. You placed one hand on the back of his head and pulled his lips to yours. He seemed shocked for a second but was kissing you back more passionately. You were so busy kissing that you didn't hear the door open, until Izzy shouted, "It's happening!" You both looked up and saw what looked like half of the institute looking at you. You gave a small laugh, a bit embarrassed to be stood with a sheet around your body. "Guys..." Jace laughed as your head rested on his chest.