#5 ~ Where is she?

You and Jace were out on a mission. You had defeated yet another demon in order to stop it from disrupting the mundane world. You only had one more demon left but Jace had ordered you too head back to the institute. "I can handle this one." He had said after you had asked him if you were sure. The two of you agreed to meet back at the institute. You had left him to fight the now incredibly weak demon by himself. 

Almost than an hour later, Jace burst through the doors of the institute, bleeding and in pain but not as much as before as he had used the healing rune. "They surrounded me." He told Alec. "Had one left and I thought that, that was it but they jumped me." Alec looked behind him. "Where's (Y/n)?" He asked. "Did they hurt her too?" Jace stared at Alec before looking around at his surroundings. "Wait." He stopped, raising his hand slightly. "She's not here?" He asked, the worry surging through his voice, his veins, his entire body. "Why would she be here?" Alec asked him, Izzy now joining the pair of them. "Why would she be here if she went out with you?" 

Jace placed his hand against his mouth. "I-I-I told her to come back. Moments after she left, they, they jumped me." His body began shaking. "Oh god." He his eyes remained on Alec and Izzy. "She hasn't come back at all." Alec and Izzy looked at each other, a worried look going between them, they tried to hide it but Jace noticed. 

"What if they got her? What if they hurt her? What if she's lying in an alley somewhere, bleeding to death?" He stopped to take a breath. "What if some random man has her?What if he's trying to take advantage of her?"

"Jace!" Izzy said, grabbing his arm. "Don't talk like that! We'll find her." Izzy moved a strand of hair from her face. "She's a strong fighter." She bit her lip. "We'll find her." She repeated.  Alec and Izzy continued to reassure Jace that everything was okay when the doors to the institute opened and You entered, followed by Luke. 

"(Y/n)!" Jace shouted as he ran up to you and hugging you, probably tighter than you've ever been hugged before. "Are you okay? Where were you?" He asked, frantic. He brushed his hand along your cheek, it was bleeding. "When I left you, I was jumped but some demon. If Luke hadn't of turned up I don't know what would've happe-" Jace's lips crashed against yours. In that moment, he didn't care who was watching and he didn't care that they were watching him give into his emotions. He just wanted to kiss you, to make sure you were real, to make sure you were safe. 

"If anything had happened to you..." He started. "I could never forgive myself." In that moment, it was the just the two of you, you couldn't see anyone else. Only Jace. His lips parted as he took a breath. "I don't want to live in a world that doesn't have you in it." He smiled as you took his hand. "You don't have too."