Chapter 3 • H for Vendetta

"Watch it!" Bridget shouts but I purposely hit her now casted foot with the clinic door just as she purposely sprained it for the sake of having me on her team.

              She groans so loud and I smirk. I know Bridget's an idiot but I didn't take her to be this idiot.

              "You're ruthless!" she hisses at me as she secures her foot away from my reach.

              "Next time, break a femur. I promise I'll join your squad then," I tell her and she glares at me while the boys grins. They're enjoying Bridget's torment as much as I do.

              "I need to go," Austin says and he ruffles Bridget's hair as a form of goodbye before turning to me and squishing for the last time today.

              "Say hi to Ava for me," I say as he places a soft kiss on my forehead.

              He gives me a salute with his famous arrogant pout and turns to Jace  with brotherly hug. We watch him disappear down the halls before turning our attention to our idiot of a bestfriend.

              "Now what I'm gonna do with you," Jace says menacingly and Bridget's face drops. If she could only run, she would. Jace really looks like he's up to something devious.

              He then pushes the wheelchair Bridget's sitting on and she comes rolling down the hall, screaming blue murder and colorful curses. For the first time in a long time, I felt myself actually enjoying.

              "Jace you son-of-a-bitch!" Bridget shouts when she crashes on a wall, head first to the floor. Both Jace and I run for our damsel in distress.

              "Take this idiot out of my sight," I say when we reach her. Bridget's face doesn't look like she's winning any beauty pageant. In fact, she looks like she's from a bull fight or something.

              "Remind me why are you my bestfriends again?" she seethes.

              "Because you're an idiot and you need normal people in your life," Jace says, earning himself a slap on the arm from Bridget.

              "You sure you don't want to ride with us?" Jace asks and I gently shake my head.

              "Luke's picking me up," I reply and they both nod and say goodbye.

I'm partly relieved that I'm not spending the end of the day with them. Don't get me wrong. I've had so much drama and emotions for a day than I usually do and it's exhausting me. I want to get back home and pull out my plans.

But I have one more person to get rid off and he's amazingly coming late.

I'm alone and as far as I know, Grayson and his grinning friends are still here somewhere. I have to get out of here. There's something about them that spikes my ability to question everything. I'm not my best self when I overthink.

I walk down the halls a bit faster than my usual pace. Every corner, every wall, reminds me of the days I've been here. I literally climbed every window here for the sake of my dream of reminiscing in the future. Back when we were kids, I told the three that I want to walk this very halls when we're forty and be able to say I've climbed those windows and walked through these halls when we were little. Now I'm living the dream. Only I'm not yet forty.

But it's not the kind of dream I've expected. A lot has changed and what I've planned as a happy trip down memory lane is anything but. Everything about this town torments me.