Chapter 11 • Ride-Or-Die

"Ouch," one of the cheer squad members groans as I order to reach further. I've made them into sitting position, legs wide open and asked them to reach for their toes.

I'm surprised that they're cheerers but they're not that flexible. Some can't even reach half of their legs without whining or groaning or cursing at me. I, on the other hand, am enjoying every single bit. I'm not a sadist, I don't enjoy inflicting pain on people. What I enjoy about this stretching is that I can mold these girls into better cheerers.

Plus, I get to see Bridget sweating bullets and not letting out a groan or a protest. She's got her pride to stop her from doing so. She practically pushed me into this and now I'm here, I bet she regrets it.

"Okay there?" I ask Bri as I stand behind her, watching her struggle with such simple stretching.

"Yeah yeah," she says and I lower myself, lounging towards her so my knee is against her sweaty back and push her down. "AAAAAAWWWW!"

That was so loud and everyone in the field turns. Bridget recovers fast and is up to her feet in an instant. She scowls at me but I raise the melodramatic queen a brow.

"You got something to say?"

"Yes! Be gentler!" she snaps, her arms open wide, eyes sharp and she got the bratty attitude up again.

I scoff. I leave Bridget to her place and stride with pride towards the front. They all look at me like I've grown a third head. I dramatically and intentionally pinch the bridge of my nose feigning frustration before I burst out on them. Or more like, talk calmly but make sure they feel it.

"When I heard that the squad is incredibly failing..." I adjust my stance, striding my legs apart from each other and crossing my arms over my chest. "...I didn't expect to see this. You guys can't even handle the basics of cheering stretches. Cheering is not just about stunts and pyramids and tosses!"

They all close their legs and gaze down the grass of the field. Bridget's still standing. She can look at me all day if she likes but I would love to remind her that she asked for this.

"What the hell was your captain doing?" I give her a sour side glance. "I'm not gonna teach you anything not until you guys can stretch like real cheerers, do cartwheels and make a back-fûcking-flip!"

"Oh since you're so eager to see us do those, why don't you show us if you can do it?" I mentally curse Bridget at the back of my head. I smirk at her, the devious and cold one and she recoils.

"You're in no position to challenge me, Argent. You know how my former squad works," I spat but an idea crosses my mind. The devious smirk is up on my features again. "I have an idea."

"Good lord," Bridget mumbles.

"I'm gonna do it..." all their faces light up except for Bridget who knows I'm bargaining for this. "...but you'll do stretching and basics for an entire week."

Serious of murmurs start to arise. It's divided into two sides; they agree and would love to see me and they're on Bri's side. Eventually, a girl stands up, silencing everyone.

"We need the stretches more than you think. It hurts, yes. But it's a part of it. I'm sure even Harley here experienced what we're going through today. Not everyone are born with superhuman flexibility," she points a finger to my direction. "She's here to make us better not to be anything less."