Chapter 22 • Pres-caught

"Bri?"

I groan in frustration as I mentally slap her across the face. Of all the time she could ghost on me, she chose now when I need her answer the most.

"Bridget!" I try for one last time, my voice a bit louder than usual. And still, no freaking response. Sleeping like the dead.

I grit my teeth as I stare at her. She's such an angel when she's sleeping but a total pain in the ass when she's awake. And drunk, for tonight's matter.

I gently pull the pillow from her gasp and due to my utter annoyance, I hit her with it before I could even think about it. Not a violent hit, just enough to let out my exasperation of her and not to wake her. I am not that bitch. "Hope you get a blinding hangover tomorrow, Argent."

"I have no idea who has a bloody hangover between the two of us," Bridget says as she looms over me, arms folded in front of her chest.

I squint my eyes with the ray of sunlight peeking through the window blinds. The sun's already high in the sun and I'm absolutely sure that I've slept in again. All because I stayed up all night thinking about everything and inhaling the stink of alcohol coming out of every girls' mouths.

"You're supposed to wake us all up," Bridget nudges me with her knee and I shoot daggers to her, which she blatantly dodges.

She's on her bitch mode right now, alright. That's what you get for drinking so much and also for sleeping in on me when I've dropped you a million dollar question that's not gonna happen again in the next few weeks.

"And you're supposed to not be drunk on a school function night, Argent," I spat back as I try to hoist myself up.

As I peek through my lashes, I can see her still glaring at me. She couldn't really possible think that I am responsible for her time of waking. I am not her chaperone and most especially, not a damn alarm clock.

"Let's go," she says and then stomps her way to the bathroom to prep herself.

I look around and everything's clean. No signs of last night's chaos and... "Bridget, where are the girls?"

She pokes her head in between the door and the doorframe and sports an evil grin. "I throw them out of the window."

           "Seriously!" I demand.

           "Where else!" Bridget exclaims from the bathroom, her voice muffled and obviously annoyed.

           "If I wanted a bitch as a friend, I would've adopted a dog!" I spat at her attitude and she booms into a fits of laughter.

           Yup, something's wrong with her today. I know I've said mentioned last night that in order to have her obedient side every cheer practices I must get her drunk. But second thoughts, the hangover version of her is not my type.

Three songs sang completely out of tune later, I walk to the bathroom door and slam my hand against it. If this is Bridget's idea of getting even with me just because I failed to be the responsible one and wake her hangover ass this morning, then it's working!

One, I cannot let Prescott get their hands on Lexus players without me having a once over on them first. I need to see the effect of my 'betrayal' on them and how wild did they go. I haven't lost my pride and my faith in Prescott, I know they're going to retaliate because that's what I'd do. Two, I want to make a statement. I want to fuel their rage even more so that their expectations on Lexus will increase. I want Prescott to be disappointed. In that way, they'll look down on Lexus even more and my plan will work.