Chapter 13 • The Night Bitches

Grayson—thanks to his connections—was able to position us on a pick-up truck so we could see the race clearly without any heads blocking our view.

"Tell me about this place," I urge him, nudging him with my shoulder.

He looks down at me. Well, he's undeniably and noticeably taller than I am, talk about 6'3 versus 5'8. He stuffs his hand on his front pockets and looks around, pondering what there is to say. "It's new and I made this."

"You, what?"

No one has ever catches me off-guard. I am well guarded with all my emotions but there are things that only Grayson Levy could do.

          "Is it really that impossible for someone like me to create this world?" he asks. I'm not for one bit irritated with the smugness in his voice. If anything, I'm proud.

          A piercing sound blares out from the speakers. Everyone gasps and covers their ears with their hands. I'm about to do the same but Grayson's hand comes around my head and pulls me to his chest, protecting my ears from the feedback by his chest and arms while his hands cover his.

          Who am I to complain?

          When the host, the brunette and leggy one with pieces of clothing enough to cover a fair few of her skin, who's holding the microphone readjusts its distance from the speaker, everything turns back to normal except for us. Grayson keeps his arm around me. My side is tightly pressed against his. The funny thing is, I feel fitted.

          "Before we start, I want to acknowledge the presence of our dearest founder, Grayson Levy!" she gestures her hand to our direction.

          The spotlight shines down on us. I try to escape from his hold since I'm really not that keen on being under anything and be the center of attention but Grayson intentionally pulls me tighter, prisoning me in his arms. He waves to the crowd. I look up and he's smiling at everyone. I nearly lose my breath when he looks down and winks at me.

          I rib him with my elbow as soon as the spotlight diverts back to the stage. "Hands off, Levy."

          He grins at me, his eyes twinkling and pupils dilating. "Will you stop being you for a night and just enjoy this?"

          I know he's teasing and no other meaning can come of it. However, I reckoned something: He may be right, I could stop being me, the new Harley Gold and for once, just for a night, I could be the careless and alive old and true version of myself. So I did what he ask me to do.

• • • •

          This world Grayson has created is completely different from the Race World, it's way more fun and it's not just about the race, it's the about the people, in and out of the race cars.

          Even I find myself having fun and it's been a long while since I felt this way. It's familiar and it feels like me. I am giggling and laughing whenever jokes and pranks are pulled by every single person in here who happens to be acquainted with Grayson. I didn't even bother myself with his arms that are never leaving me. They could be on my shoulders, on my back, on my arms, thighs and at the small of my back. I notice but I never complain.

          "Bye, Gray!" shouts a purple haired lady as she waves at us. "Bye, Harley! I'll see you next week, aight?"

          I half-heartedly nod at her. This is fun and I'm not sure if I can come back since I am involve in a completely different world and who knows if Grayson will invite me again.