Chapter 12 - Series Of Shocking Events

I haven't even stepped on my front porch when my phone blares into a song I defaulted for Bridget's calls. Next time, I'll send her straight to voicemail. I hesitantly press the accept button.

          "Harley!" she exclaims and exhales so much air on her phone, resonating through my speaker. This is what I'm afraid of: an elated and breathy Bridget Argent. Breathy means she's been running and planning things that I don't usually like. "Meet us at the Diner. See ya!"

          "What?" I ask but apparently, my question is met by the dead line for my bestfriend has turned the call down.

          I groan in frustration, one because Bridget really is a frustrating woman and as much as I want to enjoy the sanctity of my house and just spend my TGIF on my bed, I'm not keen on having her on my neck. You know how annoyingly frustrating that is? Two, Grayson's gonna be there and he just dropped at my house only to see me where he was going to in the first place. If only Bri could've just told me earlier.

          I hop into my Lambo—it's Dad's I know but he's not around and if he were awake, I'm sure he'll give this to me, let's just consider it as my inheritance—and pull out of the garage. I zoom past the town and head straight to where I remember the Diner is. It's situated at the edge of Lexus near the arc that welcomes us to yet another town.

          The Diner is how I remember it: modern black walls paired with floor to ceiling glass windows. It's cozy and spacious.

          I haul myself inside and my senses are greeted with the smell that smacks me upon entry, the breeze from the swinging of the doors caressing my face. I look around for Bridget and I spot her at the same time she spots me. Her face lights up and I widen my eyes at her in warning, 'don't-you-dare-squeal!'.

          "H!" I close my eyes with her ear piercing shriek. I swear, I can every single eyes on me. I can feel Grayson's.

          When I open my eyes, Bridget is a few feet away, skipping like the bubbly little kid that she is. "When are you ever going to quit squealing?"

          Bratty Bridget squares her shoulder and gives me a toothy grin. "Who can blame me? Seeing you still excites me!"

          "Or maybe..." we start walking hand in hand to her table, passing Grayson and his friends, "...attracting attention gives you a fucking hard on!"

          Those who have heard what I have just said booms into laughter and Bridget can't even stop herself from grinning.

          "Hey, Bri," greets a jet black haired girl sitting beside Grayson, who by the way is looking intensely at me but with amusement written all over his face.

          "Hi!" Bridget shockingly replies.

          I did a double take and looks at her as though she has just announce that she's mothering Brad Pitt's babies. "Are you on something?"

          "What?" she feigns innocence.

I've never seen her converse with any of Grayson's friends because of the glitch they had when I was still not in the picture. Hell, I've never seen my bestfriends have an eye contact with them. Of course, Jace is an exception. He's the reason behind all this and he's still friends with that Evo Cullen.

The chimes hanging by the double doors sing, signalling the arrival of new customers. I have my back turned towards it and the minute Bridget's face morph from feigning to thrilling, I know exactly who just came.