1: Starting new

{Marshall}

The whole week passed by faster than I thought, at least I spent most of it with my friends. I started packing my stuff, most of it were my clothes. I entered my walk-in closet, bigger than I thought, how can I pack all of this in a suitcase?!. I started to pick the clothings that I use frequently, leaving the old once..well that's..a lot. I packed them in the bag, when the door suddenly creaked open.

Mom handed me a box, which happened to be bigger than this stupid suitcase "You can put all your things here if you like" she says, leaving the room in haste

"you should have told me earlier" I muttered

Whew! glad that's over. I jumped to my bed, sprawling freely. Thinking about tomorrow..huh..don't even bother. I looked at my window, the moon is brightly lit tonight. What would welcome me in Brooklyn? I don't know anyone there..their all a complete strangers.

~*~

I groaned awake as the morning light struck my eyes. I can hear some screaming outside, but I disregarded it and went on my way. I already grabbed all my personal belongings except for my bass, I hastily grab hold of it, heading straight to the living room where mom was.

"Marshall..are you ready?" she asks tentatively, I just shrugged as an answer. Then the door banged open.

"sorry to intrude Mrs. Abendeer!" fionna says, quickly entering the house with gumball.

"sup!" I greeted

Fionna twitched her lips for a smile, slowly walking towards me and gave me a bear hug. "I'm really gonna miss you!" she croaked, her voice breaking.

"yeah..I will too, and..I can't believe Im gonna leave you with that gumwad!" I say teasingly, but he ignored it, avoiding fight maybe. I reached for the doorknob, turning it halfway, when fionna tapped my shoulder.

"Be careful on your way outside! your ears might bleed" she says with a big grin.

"why?" I asked dubiously, opening it without hesitation. "rumors really speed out fast doesn't it?" I mutter. Every admirers I have in ADHigh was mostly here, squealing loudly like wild animals on rampage. Some fainted, while others are crying...believe it or not, I've never committed a relationship, ever. I just value my freedom tooo much. Girls, flirting, date? Yes!! girlfriend..there's no friggin way in hell!!

"hey Marshall...wait for us in Brooklyn" Gumball said bluntly, making me smirk at him..

"Stupid..what, are you guys gonna follow me?" I teased, entering the car..It started moving when mom entered. Well..this is it, I opened the window as we passed by the gate. "hey ladies!" I gave them the wink they love so much, closing the window quick. Even inside the car I can hear them screaming, I looked back and more of them fainted..

"They're ladies..Marshall" Mom chastised, but a smile was forming on her face...That's rare for her to smile..

"Just spending most of the fun left...What do I know? my reputation here is completely different in Southern High" I tell her, leaning on the couch, then plugging my earphones on. We passed every house, shops and places fionna, gumball and I used to hangout in..I'm really gonna miss these place.

~*~

We reached Brooklyn around eight in the evening. The car directly went to a remote area where the mansion was located, but on the way you can spot some cafe and small restaurants that were lining up. There was also a park, about a couple of blocks away from our house. The car parked in front of the big mansion, as I went inside three maids and a butler welcomed us inside...well, the house is too massive for only one.

"so, your gonna be gone for long that you already filled the house with maids?" I asked

Mom kinda nodded at my question, "I won't really be gone,gone Marshall...it's better if you got them, they'll come whenever you need something." she explained. Max-our butler, was oddly healthy and energetic for an old man, he was kind enough and even gave me a tour around the house. He showed me the masters bedroom in the second floor, which will totally become moms. Then the three guest rooms lining up across the hallway. There was a massive movie room downstairs. We have a dining room that looks quite fancy, it also has a bar with walls of wine that stands at the corner, near the glass door that heads to the pool.

Okay..that's enough for the day, we almost spent thirty minutes walking around this big house.

"Mom..where would my room be? so I can settle in" I say, she gave Max a nod and looked back at me

"Max will lead you the way..or would you like me to?" she asks

"Nah! I don't wanna bother you anyway.." I say hastily

"no...okay, I'll lead you" she offered, walking upstairs to keep me from opposing. I followed her silently, until we entered the masters bedroom. As expected..it's still massive, it has a walk-in closet and a comfort room like before, the bed was already fixed and my clothes were already putted away. She made it exactly like my room, even the ceiling and the wall paint. The only thing that changed was the balcony outside.

I just nodded and mom went her way with a smile on her face, must've sensed that I'm thankful for having the masters. The balcony is a nice add. It was at the back side of the house , just above the pool and looks like the widest and has the nicest view here. From the balcony, the boundary to the other house was exactly ten meters away. But I can still see the house on the other side, if you look at it, it has the same style as this mansion.

I leaned on the railing and that's when I spotted a midnight black hair, twenty meters away, I still got a pair of good eyes. It flapped softly with the breeze, then she turned around. She's looking pensive..Crap!! I'm staring! Suddenly she jolted, realizing that I was gazing at her. I can see her put up a scorn on her face, running towards the glass door and shutting it with quite a force.

Uhh..now my neighbor thinks I'm weird. I slouched on the railings, turning my gaze on the view. The city lights glimmers nicely from here.

________________

a/n:

Always feel free to comment, that way I can learn more and know my flaws in terms of writing guys:>

elMar135