Epilogue

Ryan is barely awake when she feels Avery wrapping an arm around her from behind. She smiles lazily before turning around so that she can snuggle up closer to her girlfriend. She kisses lightly along Avery's jawline and then her neck before settling into a nice, comfortable spot there. "Merry Christmas, Darling." She says finally, her voice still raspy with sleep.

Avery smiles. After they officially became a couple that night in March, the two of them have been inseparable. It did not take Ryan very long to ask Avery to move into her penthouse apartment, and even though it should feel like things are moving too fast between them, they both agree that is has been a comfortable pace. "Merry Christmas to you, too, my love." Avery says as she kisses Ryan's temple.

"What time is it?" Ryan asks with her eyes still closed trying to block out the light that is already peeking through the curtains.

"Hmm..." Avery lifts herself up a little so that she can see the clock on the nightstand. "It's a little bit after seven."

Ryan groans softly as she finally blinks open her sleepy eyes. "That means that Daddy is already up and making pancakes for breakfast."

Avery laughs. "Your family does not ever mess around with this whole holiday thing, do they?"

"My family? They're practically yours, too. Everyone loves you. And I'm pretty sure if we ever break up, they will keep you and tell me to find another family." Ryan jokes.

"Well, seeing that you're stuck with me, I don't think that you'll have to worry about spending your holidays on the streets anytime soon." Avery says.

Ryan chuckles. "Well, for the record, I have no plans to ever let you go either."

Avery slides her hand underneath Ryan's tank top then and rubs gently on her side and back, wanting to show her rather than tell her just how much she means to her, a very strategic move on Avery's part because she knows that touching those spots drives her girlfriend crazy. When Ryan moans into her neck, she smiles triumphantly to herself.

"Mmm... That feels really good." Ryan says as she finally looks up at Avery with a mischievous smile. Then she leans in and kisses her.

Avery immediately deepens their kiss and pulls Ryan's body against her own. When Avery feels Ryan push her down against the bed so that she can get on top of her, she laughs into their kiss. Ryan pulls away to let her catch her breath but is still smiling down at her. "Baby, didn't you just say that your dad is already up making us breakfast?"

"Mhmm." Ryan confirms but is already leaning back in and kissing her way down Avery's neck and collarbone.

"Doesn't that mean that everyone is probably going to be up soon?" Avery asks, but Ryan's soft kisses are already clouding her thoughts.

"Yes." Ryan says as she pulls away once again so that she can look Avery in the eyes. "You should have thought of that before you started touching me the way that you did. You started it." She adds playfully.

Avery just smiles. "So, what are you saying? What are our options here?"

"You don't have any options, Dear. You're just going to have to lay there quietly and let me ravish you." Ryan says with a smirk.

This makes Avery laugh. "Well, that's not going to happen. Especially since you just said that I started this. I definitely get to go first." Before the brunette can argue, Avery sits up, pushing Ryan up with her and starts kissing her again. This time, Avery rubs both hands up and down Ryan's sides and the woman moans pleasurably into her mouth. She stops kissing her for a moment so that she can remove Ryan's tank top but immediately captures her mouth again once the garment is tossed away onto the floor.