Chapter 8 OTWSTH

BACK FROM HIATUS!

"What do you think about this?" Phil asked, holding up a plain, light blue t-shirt and black skinny jeans.

"I like it. I guess I can wear that. Thanks!"

"No problem," He started to walk out of the room, but suddenly stopped, "Erm... Can I ask you a question?"

"Uh... Sure. Why not?"

"How long have you liked Char?" He bit his lip.

"Oh... Uh," I paused, trying to think of a length of time that seemed reasonable. None came to mind. "A while, I guess. I don't know."

"Okay... I guess I'll see you tomorrow, then?" He started to walk away again.

"Wait, where are you going?"

"I dunno. Sleep?"

"Phil, what's wrong? It's the middle of the day!" I asked.

"I'm just not feeling well, is all," He didn't look sick. Just tired and sad.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah."

"Okay. But you're not sleeping all day. You need to eat something. I'll wake you up for dinner."

"Okay. Thanks."

"Feel better," I found myself watching him walk out of my room. As soon as he closed his door, I slapped myself, trying to knock out these thoughts from my head.

I just couldn't help it anymore. I look at him, and I instantly feel giddy. I have to hide it from him and stop these feelings. Ah, man. My plan has to work.

~~~~

"Bye Phil! Feel better! I'm sorry I can't stay and help," I said, walking over to Phil, who was currently on the couch, half asleep.

Last night when I had woken him up for dinner, he was hot and sweaty, yet claiming he was cold. He was most definitely sick then. And when he woke up this morning, he barely made it to the bathroom before getting sick into the toilet.

"It's okay. Go have fun on your date," He said shakily.

"Are you sure? You're really sick. I know how you get," Last time he got sick, he was really really sick, and I had to go to the store to get some medicine. When I got back, I freaked out. I thought he was dead. He was barely breathing.

"I'm fine. I was still okay after that, I'm still here!" He reassured, knowing what thought came to my mind.

"Are you--" I was cut off by him quickly grabbing the bucket that was sat on the floor and puking into it. "That's it. I'm staying. You're not staying here, alone and sick."

"Dan... I'm fine. I'm just sick."

"No, Phil. I'm calling Charlotte and I'm going to reschedule our date to a later time. I'm not going to leave you all alone."

He took a deep breath, "Fine, Dan. Thank you."

~~~~

"What do you mean we can't go out tonight?" Char said over the phone.

"Phil got sick. I don't want anything to happen to him. Do you remember last time?" I argued.

"Oh, right. You freaked out and called me. I drove over there to make sure he was still alive. Goodness, it's that bad?"

"Almost. If it gets any worse, I'm going to take him the hospital to get some antibiotics. I don't want that to happen again. It really scared me, you know?"