Chapter 14 OTWSTH

"Philll," I drawled, grabbing at the empty bed beside me.

"Yeah?" He asked, walking out of the bathroom, toothbrush in hand.

"Come lie down," I whined. "You're warm."

He laughed at me and went back into the bathroom.

"Phillll," I called again.

This time, though, he ignored me. I called for him once more, before turning on my side to snuggle into the duvet, searching for warmth.

I closed my eyes, and as soon as I started to drift off to sleep, I felt a cold pair of arms wrap around my torso. "Hey!"

"What? I thought you wanted cuddles," Phil laughed.

"I do ... It's just, you're just really cold," I explained.

"Sorry. I guess I should go eat breakfast without you, then?"

"No," I hurriedly said. "Stay here. You're warming up. You're cuddly."

"Thanks? You're cuddle-worthy. Very cuddle-worthy. You deserve the best of the best," Phil exclaimed, making me laugh.

"Stop making me laugh ... I wanna sleep," I whined, turning over and wrapping my arms around his torso.

"Babe, we really do need to get up. We need to come up with video ideas," Phil suggested.

"Why can't we think about them here?" I mumbled.

"Well, we need food don't we? I can't think clearly if I don't have breakfast."

"Fine," I pouted, "just as long as it makes you happy."

Phil got up after softly pressing a kiss to my lips, and I stayed in bed for another minute. By the time I got downstairs, Phil was pouring a bowl of cereal--my cereal.

"Phil," I whined, "you're eating my cereal again!"

"At least I'm pouring it in a bowl this time. I normally just eat it out of the box. Which, I have failed to hide from you many times before," he pondered. "But I really like the cereals you buy. They remind me of you."

I smiled, "you're crazy, you know that?"

"It's good to be strange. Normalness leads to sadness," Phil beamed. "I don't want to be normal. I will always be weird!"

"Weirdos, unite," I exclaimed, laughing. I pulled Phil into a hug, so that we 'weirdos' could be 'united.'

"This is why I love you," Phil said, "you're honestly the best boyfriend in the world. I couldn't ask for anyone better."

"But you deserve more. More than me, more than this failure," I elaborated. "I really don't deserve you."

"But you do. If anything, I don't deserve you! I mean, I kept you from escaping the harsh realities of life," Phil raised his voice, then quieted, "and it was all for my own selfish reasons. I only did it because I loved you. I wasn't thinking about how you would respond to me saving you. All I wanted was for you to be okay, for you to be with me. I'm sorry."

Phil had let a stray tear roll down his cheek by the end of his small speech. I reached my hand up to wipe it away, then kissed the area where his tear once was. "Phil. Phil, oh Phil. I'm glad you saved me. I told you this. You're the most wonderful person I've ever met. You're so selfless, honestly. You don't ever complain about not getting what you want, you've always wanted the best for everyone around you, and you've always put others before you. Phil, that's- that's why," I gulped.

"'That's why,' what? W-what are you trying to say?" Phil asked, looking at me with wide eyes, curious.

I took a deep breath, "that's why I l-love you." I stared into his eyes, wondering what his reaction would be. I quickly said "I mean, I love you for many, many reasons, but those are just a fe--"