2

Doctor Whale

Evelina smiled as Snow gave a soft kiss on her forehead before grabbing her bag.

"I'm going to help Emma with some things at the station. There are leftovers in the fridge from yesterday. I'll be back later."

Evelina nodded and watched as Snow left. As soon as the door shut, Evie ran to the window and waited until she saw Snow disappear behind a corner.

The young girl immediately grabbed her bag and keys and headed out the door. Evelina turned the opposite way of where Snow went. She was nervous with every step she took and she had to concentrate hard to prevent herself from freezing her surroundings.

She quickly approached her destination. Evelina took a deep breath before opening the door and stepping inside.

"Hello, what can I help you with?" The lady at the front asked with a bright smile. Evelina let out a shaky breath.

"I, uh, have an appointment with Doctor Whale," she responded softly and the lady nodded.

"Name?"

"Evelina Frost."

The nurse checked the computer and nodded again when she saw Evelina's name.

"Yes, I see you. You have the appointment at 10, yes?"

"Correct."

"Great. Fill out these papers, and then you're all set," the lady said and handed her a clipboard full of papers.

Evelina thanked the lady and took a seat. She immediately began to fill out a thousand questions that were asked. She sighed. Evelina was nervous. She regretted not telling the Charming's of her situation now that she sat alone in the hospital, pregnant and scared.

When she turned in her papers, the nurse quickly reviewed them and told her to wait for the doctor.

Evelina shivered the entire time she waited. She suddenly yearned for someone to hold her and tell her everything would be okay.

She missed Peter Pan drastically.

"Miss Evelina?"

Evie looked up to see Doctor Whale walking towards her with a smile.

"Ready to go in?" He asked. Evelina nodded and grabbed her bag before following him into a cold room.

Evelina sat down. Doctor Whale grabbed his clipboard and began to skim through the papers.

"Pregnant?"

"Yes."

"When did you find out?"

"I believe a week ago."

"Do you by any chance have an idea of since when you have been pregnant?"

"Time is different on Neverland than here in Storybrooke. Time moves slower there. I can't be sure," Evelina responded and Doctor Whale nodded.

"You want to know how far along you're in?" He asked.

"I want to know if the baby is okay."

Doctor Whale nodded and cleared his throat.

"Alright, Miss Frost, I'm going to have you lay on the bed and lift your shirt up slightly so we can see your stomach," Evelina followed the doctor's instructions. She peeked down at her belly and the small visible bump made her nauseous.

She suddenly yelped when she felt a cold gel being applied on her bump.

Doctor Whale then began to maneuver a little wand on Evelina's stomach. He then smiled and pointed to a screen next to her.

"Look there."

Evelina gasped softly when she saw a tiny little thing. Almost pea-like, right where Doctor Whale pointed to.

"That's your baby, and they're okay. And it looks you're three months in."

Evelina didn't respond. Her entire mind was focused on the small pea that was her supposed baby. She turned back to Doctor Whale.

"When am I due?"

"Mid January, early February. You'll get a specific date during your second trimester," Evelina nodded as Doctor Whale wiped away the cold gel and began to jot something down on his papers.

"Being pregnant is not something to take lightly, Miss Frost. You can't eat certain things, stress is now your enemy, and rest is very important," he said. He handed Evelina the paper he had been writing on.

"Basic things to know, foods to avoid, and other tricks. All are on that paper."

The girl nodded and thanked him for his help as she sat back up and fixed her shirt. The doctor finished up the papers and gave Evelina her next appointment. Just as she was about to leave, he stopped her.

"It's a sonogram of your baby," he said. Evelina gingerly took the picture and examined it. She said nothing and the doctor could sense her uneasiness.

"Good luck, Miss Frost."

~

"Wow... Just wow," Henry breathed as he looked at the sonogram. He glanced at Evelina and gave a lopsided smile.

"It's inside you, that's so weird," he said and Evelina chuckled.

"Well, that is how it works."

"What did the doctor say?"

"I'm three months in. I'm due sometime during mid-January and the start of February. I have to be careful of what I eat now," she said and Henry nodded.

"What about gender?"

"I should know halfway through my second trimester."

"Wow," Henry repeated again.

Just as he was about to comment on her new diet, Emma and Snow walked in. Evelina quickly grabbed the sonogram and shoved it into her shirt. 

Snow smiled widely as she held up two grocery bags.

"Who wants sushi?"

*unedited*

That moment when Wattpad fucks up the order of your chapters and everything goes to hell

😑