3

Family Dinner

Weeks passed. In the small span of three weeks, Snow had given birth to a healthy young boy, Henry had gotten his memories back, and the threat of Zelena was gone. Evelina was not there to see the witch's defeat, for she had been sentenced to stay inside her room for the entire time, but she did hear things from Emma and Hook.

"Tell me, please!" Evelina whined as she sat with Hook at the kitchen table. The pirate shook his head and Evelina groaned loudly.

"Come on! Please. Please, please, please."

"Why do you want to know? It doesn't matter-"

"It matters to me, so please tell me!"

"Fine, fine! You're a persuasive one, Frost," Hook grumbled as he gave in to her constant whining. Evelina gave a giddy laugh and gripped her cup of orange juice before leaning in, ready to be swamped by the latest gossip.

"Swan and I shared a kiss."

Evelina squealed loudly and nearly fell out of her chair. Hook flinched, ready to catch her if she did fall, but Evelina caught her balance. She leaped out of her seat and cheered.

"I knew it! I knew this would happen soon! Henry owes me money!" She exclaimed. She gave a wide grin to Hook before calming down.

"So you're courting her now, yes?" Evelina asked quickly and Hook shook his head.

"We didn't really get into any details-"

"Then go ask her! What the hell are you doing here with me, go to her!" Evelina yelled and grabbed his hand, yanking the pirate out the door. He tried to protest but Evelina was not having it.

"Her favorite flowers are daisies, now go!" Evelina slammed the door behind Hook. The pirate stared at the door for a second before shaking his head.

Just as he was to leave, Evelina opened the door again.

"And when you two are done talking, you better come back and tell me all the details!"

And she once again slammed the door in his face.

~

Evelina scrunched her nose as she was met with a strange smell. The smell of old books. She huffed as she moved on, checking her surroundings. Henry suddenly threw something before Evelina. She raised an eyebrow at the boy.

"What the hell is this?" She asked in a disgusted voice as she lifted the book. Henry rolled his eyes and yanked it away from her.

"It's a pregnancy book," he said as he began to search for more. He searched the library and Evelina followed behind.

"Here's another one," Belle said as she handed Evelina another book.

Belle was the second person to know Evelina's little secret, besides Henry. So far, the two have made it their personal mission to take care of Evelina in her time of need. Everything and anything the young girl needed, she would get instantly.

"I can't believe in a couple more months you'll have an adorable baby! It's unbelievable," Belle breathed and Evelina nodded slowly.

"Yes... Painfully unbelievable," Evelina mumbled. Belle glanced at the young girl and gave her a small smile.

"We will be at your side every moment, Evie. Don't worry," Belle comforted.

"I'm going to get food! I'll be back!" Henry shouted before leaving. The heavy door of the library slammed behind him. Evelina and Belle fell in silence as they continued to look for more books.

"Do... Do you think he knows?" Belle suddenly questioned. Evelina shook her head as she thought of her beloved Peter Pan. She feared how he would take the news.

"I seriously doubt it," she answered as she flipped through a pregnancy book. Evelina rubbed her somewhat swollen belly and looked up to Belle.

"I went to go see Doctor Whale. It's been three weeks. I have to go back again soon," she mumbled.

"Does that mean-"

"Yes, it does... I have to tell the Charming's about the baby."

~

Evelina sat at the dining table in Regina's mansion as she and her family enjoyed a warm nice dinner. Light chatter filled the room as they all conversed about how their day went and how things were finally normal, at least for the time being. Snow cooed at her baby boy before glancing at Evelina, who had barely touched her food. She elbowed Emma. The blonde turned towards the small princess and saw her poking her steak with a fork. Emma cleared her throat before quickly switching seats with Henry who had been sitting next to Evelina.

"Is something wrong, Evie?" Emma asked softly. Evelina felt sick and she wasn't sure if it was the baby or the steak. Maybe both.

"Not craving steak," she mumbled and Emma looked at Evelina's plate. Evelina hadn't had a single bite of her food besides some of the mashed potatoes, and even then, it wasn't a lot.

It was odd for her not to devour everything in her path. Evelina always had a big appetite. There was never a time when she wasn't eating. Weeks ago, Evelina refused to eat sushi even though it was one of her favorite dishes. Emma sighed. She glanced at Henry but her son seemed to be avoiding Emma's eyes.

"Is it the spices? Or did Hook not cook your steak well enough?" Emma questioned.

"Excuse you, Swan, I cooked them just fine!" Hook snapped and Emma flipped him off.

"Emma!" Snow scolded and Henry giggled.

"Sorry," Emma apologized. She turned back to Evelina, who didn't seem at all affected by the banter of her family. Emma cleared her throat.

"Well, I could get you something else kid... What're you hungry for? Pasta, soup, some of those little cakes Belle made-"

"I'm pregnant!" Evelina suddenly shouted.

. . .

And then, it was as if time itself had stopped. Everything and everyone froze.

Regina dropped the crystal plate she had been holding when she entered the room, causing it to break loudly against the marble floor. David choked on his wine and Snow was trying to process the words that were said. Hook turned towards the shaking Evelina and Emma sat there, simply staring at her with wide, confused eyes.

Henry let out a hot breath of air. He stared down at his plate and began to mumble words of prayer.

He knew things were about to get ugly.

"Oh boy."

"WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU JUST SAY?!"

*unedited*

A warning to future chapters:

I don't know much about pregnancy and pregnant women and what they're allowed to eat and not. I know they're not supposed to eat raw things but it's a lot of food for me to look up every single thing.

And they have different symptoms and different doctors and of course I'm not going to get every detail right.

But I will try.

Till next chapters snowflakes ❄