12

Snowball

Evelina wasn't used to waking up to a quiet morning.

Even after Emma moved out to her new house, she was still at the Charming's loft bright and early, having breakfast with her parents. It was chaotic, especially when she also bought Henry and Killian with her.

So for Evelina to wake to a silent home was unusual, and she felt like running back to the Charming's just so she could hear their loud voices at breakfast time.

Although she did live with Peter, he was constantly out doing god knows what. For the first three days, she was alone in her new place. She considered getting a dog or a cat to keep her company, but when she bought it up to Peter, he immediately shut her down and refused to have an animal in the house.

With her swollen belly and her due date not far, Peter insisted Evelina take life easy for the next weeks. He didn't want her to stress the baby. So she sat home, stuffing her face with a lot of raisins, her latest cravings.

She flipped through the television channels, not really finding anything interesting and huffed when she heard the house phone ring. She groaned as she struggled to rise off of the couch before waddling over to the obnoxious phone.

"Hello, this is the Frost residence, if you ever call back here again, I will murder you." She snapped into the phone. She heard a deep chuckle from the other side.

"Have you been answering the phone like that all this time love?" Hook asked and Evelina sighed.

"Yes. It's a struggling getting off the bloody couch when you're as big as a fucking hot air balloon."

"You poor soul."

"Why'd you call? Someone better be dying for me to leave my raisins."

"It's Monday, Evelina. You remember yes?"

Evelina smirked. Of course, she remembered what tradition she and Hook had.

It was Gossip Monday.

~

When Killian arrived at her place, and the beautiful tea set was out, Evelina and Hook settled down for a long overdue session of girl/pirate talk.

"When is Regina arriving?"

"Soon. She had to drop off Henry at the Sheriff's station." Hook said as sipped on his tea. Evelina nodded and looked down to her cup of orange juice. She wasn't allowed to drink her usual cup of joe because of the baby, and she was desperate to get her hands again on an iced coffee.

She groaned as she felt a slight pain radiate through her lower area. She shifted herself.

"You alright?" Hook asked as he looked up at her. She nodded quickly before the pain disappeared.

"Yes. Just a lot of discomfort." She reassured.

Regina then entered and raised an eyebrow at the two before her.

"You started without me?"

"No we're waiting for you, you just decided to take your sweet damn time!"

Regina scoffed and sat down, pouring herself some wine. Evelina raised an eyebrow.

"Wine? Don't you think it's too early?" Evie said as she sipped on her juice.

"You're just saying that because you can't drink wine."

They soon began to gossip the day away, and it ranged from Ruby's new boy toy to the melt down Cinderella had the other day with her baby. Evelina was often found around the blonde as well, as she tried to get some pointers from her on being a mother.