6

Little Bastard

Evelina gasped and grabbed a spoon before throwing it at her father.

"I am not getting fat, I am pregnant!" She snapped and Jack choked on air. He pierced his eyes shut and suddenly felt lightheaded.

He took a seat and rubbed his forehead. Poor Jack felt as if his heart was about to burst.

"P...pregnant? W...with like a human baby?" Jack stuttered and Evelina rolled her eyes.

"No, a food baby- Yes, of course, a human baby, what do you think!?"

Jack growled in frustration and pulled at his hair. He began to pace the room.

"I thought Regina was lying. I was hoping Regina was lying... But to hear my 17-year-old fucking daughter is pregnant is unacceptable, Evelina."

"I'm 18!"

"As if that makes such a fucking difference!" Jack screamed and ran his fingers through his hair.

"How irresponsible can you be?! How stupid are you, Evelina?! It's as if you weren't educated!" He continued ranting.

"Your mother would be so disappointed in you," Jack spit out and Evelina's eyes narrowed.

"Don't go there, Jack-"

"Do not call me Jack, young lady, I am your father and you will listen to me! You have royally fucked up!"

"Mum was the same age I am when she had me!"

"Your mother wanted you to be better than her. Your mother did not want you to do the same bloody mistakes she made!"

"So I was a mistake to you?!"

"You will never be a mistake in my eyes, Evelina. You are a package that arrived way before its estimated date. But that does not mean you have to do the same as your mother and I did. You are very young and still have your entire life ahead of you."

"I know what I'm doing."

"Do you?! Because I see you have been refusing to eat any of the foods Regina had made for you," Jack said as he pointed to the food she hadn't touched. Evelina frowned.

The front door opened again, and there stood Henry and Belle. Henry glanced between the two and shifted his feet.

"Is this a bad time?"

~

Jack and Evelina's dispute did not go unnoticed. Snow immediately knew they had fought the moment the two ice benders entered the loft. The air around them was tense and colder. David, Regina, and Jack were all squished in a corner of the loft whispering among themselves and it was obvious the main topic was Evelina and her baby.

Snow sat with the mother to be, Henry and Belle, eating a snack and keeping a close eye on Evelina.

"Here, Evie," Belle said as she handed Evelina a glass filled with orange juice, no pulp. Evie smiled graciously and took it in her thin fingers.

As she gulped it down, Snow tried to talk to Evelina about the baby.

"Do you think its a girl or boy?"

Evie's eyes widened as she set the empty glass down.

"I uh, never really thought of the gender," she mumbled. She then chuckled and looked up to Snow.

"But I would be happy with either or," she replied. Snow smiled at her little girl.

"Well, we should begin planning the baby's needs. A baby shower, baby clothes, a nutrition plan for you, and so much more to do!" Snow exclaimed as she began to get excited. She realized Evelina's pregnancy was nothing to fret over about. What was done, was done. It couldn't be helped and all her family could do was support the young girl in her time of need.

Snow glanced at Jack and then back to Evie.

"Sweetie, maybe you should show your father the sonogram you got from Doctor Whale," she suggested. Evelina placed her glass down and looked to Jack. She had the same thought a while back, but she feared his reaction.

"I'm going out for a walk," she announced and Evelina quickly left the loft. Neither Regina, David, and Jack noticed the young girl had walked off into the dark streets of Storybrooke. And Snow didn't try to stop her. Snow figured some time alone.

~

Evelina slowly blew out a breath of air. She watched as her hot breath contrasted against the cold, making a small cloud appear. Evelina liked to pretend she was a dragon.

There were plenty of things the young Frost could have done differently in the last year. For one, she could have remembered to actually use protection when she and Peter had sex. She wasn't sure why it didn't cross her mind the first night they did it. Evelina figured it was because her mind was filled with so much pleasure and bliss it must've slipped.

Evelina could've also just kept it in her pants. She wasn't exactly sure how that night happened, or which exact night did the deed. She and Peter had sex too often for her to narrow it down to just one night.

But as much as she thought of ways she could've prevented everything, it was too late. She acknowledged her mistakes, but she couldn't turn back time. She was with child, and Evelina had to learn how to embrace it.

She knew she could learn to appreciate the situation. She knew once she held the baby in her arms everything would be better. Everything won't look so bad in a couple of months.

As Evelina walked down the cold streets of Storybrooke, she tried to empty her mind for once. She aimlessly kicked a rock around hoping to ease the ruckus in her head. It pained her so much to think even of something so simple. Her eyes, her head began to ache, and she got dizzy. She groaned and stopped her walk. She quickly took a seat on a nearby bench when she felt a hot feeling grow in her belly, indicating she could throw up at any given moment.

Evelina quickly turned her head towards the trashcan next to her as she emptied her insides. She groaned and panted as she once again threw up.

Once her stomach had emptied, Evelina huffed. She closed her eyes in an attempt to rest a little. Her hand ran over her poking belly and Evelina realized at that moment she had never attempted to talk to her child.

Evie cleared her throat and glanced around the dark streets before looking back at her belly.

"Hi, baby. This is your mommy speaking. I understand we got off on the wrong foot but I need you to know that I love you so much," Evelina whispered.

"Even if you make me throw up the small amount of food I consume, you little bastard."

*unedited*

This is a late chapter.

Back at the end of August, I started college again.

A stressful semester, going to class every other day including Saturdays, having to tackle 6 classes that at all between 3-5 hours long, and balancing a job.

So some chapters will be late.

I try to write in my free time. But it's hard. So I truly hope you stick with me and hold on till the end.

Thank you.