Sightless

Jack's heart leapt in his chest, it rattled against his rib cage as his breaths became forced. His legs let weak under him and he felt as if he would fall. He shared tears with he man in front of him. Holding his hands to tightly as cried left their mouths.

" I can't see anything" Mark sniffled, emotion blocking his naturally deep voice.

Jack looked up into Marks milky eyes with pain. He missed those brown orbs he loved so dearly, but Mark probably missed his sight more.

Seàn slowly lifted his hand to brush against Marks face. The man flinched away on instinct, not being able to see was hard enough without the added feature of fear for others. Jack leant his cold hand in again and this time Mark moved into the touch.

" You're still beautiful" Jack whispered, tears interfering with his words.

Mark forcefully had to suck in air to breathe, a shaky exhale flowing it. His hand searched for Jack's shoulder. Slowly, he found it and felt it.

The feeling of fabric and warm skin comforted him. Mark bit lip lower lip in an attempt to stop himself from crying.

He wished so rarely that he could see the boy in front of him. Mark just wanted to see Jack's green curls, if he still had them. His blue eyes. Mark wanted to be able to walk without assistance. He needed to see again.

" How am I going to live like this?" Mark questioned, crying into Jack's shoulder.

Seàn welcomed he hug, his hand intertwining with Marks torn grey shirt. He buried his head on Marks shoulder as Mark did to him. The two sat in embrace for what seemed like years. Just taking in each other after being separated for so long. They needed to see each other, to feel each other. To be with one another.

" It's okay Mark, you're okay" Jack reassured, rubbing his back carefully.

Marks shoulder shook slight as he ran out of tears to cry. His eyes glued themselves shut as salt water leaked from them.
It didn't really make a difference whether they were closed or not.

" How is thi-H-how is this okay?!" Mark stuttered.

Jack held him tighter, their chest pressing together. Seàn could feel each cry, each ragged breathe, each tear fell onto his shoulder, slowly soaking his clothing. The Irishmen's heart broke for the man he held. Each cry felt like a stab in the gut. Each tear was a drip of acid to burn his clothes. Every shake of Marks hands holding him rattled Jack to the core.

" It will be okay, we can get through this. I'll be your guide dog, we can teach you have to use a walking stick-".

Mark pulled back from he embrace, his mind telling him to lock eyes with Jack. But he could no longer do that. All he saw was the light in the darkness. All he had left was light perception. The bulb illuminating the room was his okay tell that he still sat in reality. That he still existed in the world around him.

" I don't need any of that right now" Mark whispered.

Jack felt Mark's hands tighten around his shoulders while he looked into those eyes. The white yes that once stood brown, those which could once see.

" I need you right now" The man breathed.

This time Jack initiated the hug, he wrapped his pale arms around the still sobbing man. The green haired man's mind raced.
He didn't know anything about sight loss. How much would a guide dog cost? Was their teachers to help the blind walk? Was their rehabilitation?
Jack sobbed, he didn't even know how this happened. He would ask either. It's better to leave an open wound then to stab it.

" I'm here and I'm not going anywhere" Jack spoke, his words flowing from the heart.