Please

Matthias scrambled on top of one of the many huts that sat behind his home. He stood staring on the flat wooden surface of the small home. Felix and Tyler then helped Mark up onto the roof as well. The blind man stumbled before falling into his Mat. Who caught him fluently.

" Are you okay?" Mat asked.

Mark nodded before standing up straight, brushing his hair out of his face.
"I will be soon".

The pair then faced the large field before then. In that small field, stood a small army. Around one hundred slaves, of all shapes and colours. Stood in white clothing. The emergency white tops and pants Matthias had on hand, just in case a slave came to him without any clothes. It was the best he could do, cheap whites.

" You're all here to help change the world" Matt shouted peacefully from the rooftop.

Matt looked down at the small assemble of friends that stood, looking out to the house. Tyler, Ethan, Felix, Mariza, Amy, Dan and Phil. His eyes then trailed over to Mark, who stood with a smile on his face.

" I know it was unnerving to be transported in such large numbers, the last time that happened, carnage en sued" Matt continued. " But we've brought you here to be treated as humans, as equals".

Not one slave said a thing. They all stood in silence, having been trained to keep quiet and follow orders. Mark noticed this, him having to pay attention more to sound. He could tell that no one was speaking, that was a bad sign.

" We want to change the law, through peaceful protest. We want to show the world that we're all human, not property" Mark spoke.

" We'll be shot!" A young boy cried out, not much older than ten.

It broke Marks heart to hear a feared cry of such a young boy in this position, he could only imagine his tears. A child shouldn't be scared to be shot by the very people who were meant to protect him. They only thing he should be worried about was if his room was clean.

" It's against the law to shoot anyone, slave or not if they have declared peaceful protest" Matt added.

" In the words of my dear friend" Mark started. " We fought protested for the rights of the natives. We protested for the rights of the gays. Now we must protest for the rights of slaves!" He continued.
" I was born a free man, then, like many of you that freedom was stolen from me. Then my master set me free, only for me to be chained again. I know both sides of our stories, and I know what worth you all have. We can do this, I know it's never been done before. But someone has to do it".

" Even if this March is shut down, it gives the world the idea. The idea that we all are human. We all breathe, we all cry and we all deserve to be free" Matt included.

A small murmur took over the crowd, a feeling of gathering waving through them. A feeling of hope, that maybe things will change.

" Those who are under fifteen and those who are over seventy will not be asked to protest. You're welcome to stay here" Matt called out.

The same young boy who had cried out of fear before stepped forward.
" No! I want to come!" He called.

Mark smiled down at him, he didn't know, but the boy returned the favour.

" ALL THOSE IN FAVOUR OF JOINING A PEACEFUL PROTEST, LOAD INTO THE TRUCKS MAKE SURE WOMEN AND CHILDREN ARE SECURED INSIDE!!!" Matt yelled.

" This is a peaceful protest, anyone who isviolent might be arrested. If you are attacked, get one of our free leaders to step in, we hold right to protect you!" Tyler added as he waved group in the trucks.