Where did Jack go?

{I am not proud of this chapter}

As Tyler's car that Jack stole sped down the road, another pulled in. A black G wagon with two boys inside.

" Someone please get in their car and go after him before I do!" Mark pleaded.

Matt held the man by the shoulders, trying to keep him him from hyperventilating. Mark looked like he was going to cry, tears welled in his eyes and his hands shook quite badly.

" Tyler had a sports car, we don't know where he went and this is LA. We've lost too much time, he could be anywhere" Matt said slowly, like he was talking to a child.

Shane walked rushed in because he herd the commotion going on. He saw how hysterical Mark was.

"Who nearly hit my car as they shut out of the driveway?" Shane asked.

" It was Jack, he just ran off" Tyler said.

Fear laced in Shane's emotions.
" Can't a slave get shot on site without a collar".

" Have you been living under a rock? Jack's not a slave anymore" Felix said.

Shane gave a confused look.
" If he's a free man, why are we upset that he just got up and left?".

Mark was now holding his chest, tears threatening to spill over as Matt and Molly tired to comfort him. Mark had been broken many times by Nate. He didn't have much of a personality or a will to live anymore. He barely trusted the people who surrounded him, even his closest friend Tyler. Jack was his pillar, his grounding tool, and now he'd run off.

" Because I need him" Mark cried.

Molly rubbed soothing circles into his back. She muttered reassurances to him, and slowly he began to breathe equally.

" Where could Jack have gone?" Shane asked, Ryland at his side.

Tyler shook his head.
" We're not sure, but whatever it is,it doesn't seem good".

" Before he left we were talking about how to take over the slave company for a step to help free everyone" Felix explained.
" We were talking about reinstating the boss to take it out of his hands".

Shane fixed his red hair stressfully, his car keys jiggling in his hand as he did so.
" So Jack is going to the slave company, won't that get him reinstated?" Shane asked.

Tyler looked at the man with a blank face, fear flashing through his emotions.
" Why would be want that?".

" Jack would never do that, never" Mark said as he sniffled. " Freedom is too precious to Seàn".

" Then why would he go? Is he going to the government instead?" Matt asked.

" He hasn't got a green card, he'll just get deported to Ireland" Molly said.

" He would never go back to Ireland alone" Mark added, remembering his time their. How sick and twisted Jack's father was. Sean would never want to go back to him.

" Then what?" Shane asked.
" Where would he go and why?".

Silence filled the room,the only sound was that of Mark's sniffles. They all stood in, wondering what to do. Where their friend would go, and why. All except one.

" I know where Jack's going" Ethan spoke up.

Everyone gasped and turned to him.

"Why did you tell us sooner?!" Mark nearly yelled at the slave.

Ethan flinched back at the mans tone, hiding behind Tyler slightly. His eyes averted to his feet.

" Because I know you wouldn't like the answer".

"Ethan, what's Jack doing?" Matt asked.

Ethan held his stomach as he stepped out from behind his Tyler shield. He seemed nervous about his next words.

" Back when we were both slaves, our handler was Wade" he started.

Ethan looked up to Tyler for help. Tyler knew that Ethan had a hard time talking about his time in the slave trade even now, when he was safe.

" Wade had a...thing for Jack" The boy stated.

Instantly Mark felt sick to his stomach hearing the words. He shuddered to think what that meant.

" Or rather, Wade's wife-no mistress had a thing for him" Ethan clarified for Mark.

Mark sighed a bit of relief. At least he wouldn't hurt by Wade.

" Wade his married but sees one of the handlers on the side. She never got to see
Jack, she only handled the girls. But she always wanted to know about Jack" Ethan gulped. " Near the end it got really creepy".

" Get to the point" Matt encouraged gently.

" Wade would do anything to make her happy" Ethan stated.

When everyone looked at the boy blankly, like they didn't understand he had to go on.

" Jack, would make her happy".

Then everyone understood. The room echoed in a chorus of everyone collectively thinking 'Fuck'.

" Jack's going to give himself to Wade's girlfriend in exchange for Wade to reinstate Bob" Matt said.
" But the whole point of reinstating Bob is for someone to take his place, if Jack is...unable".

" What's the bet that Jack will reinstate Mark and put it in Marks hands" Shane said.

" I don't want it!" Mark spat.
" I want Jack".

Tyler stepped forward to Mark who was freaking out again.
" This doesn't make sense" he started.
" After everything Jack went through to get Mark, why would he just leave so easily?".

" The greater good?" Matt asked.

Mark shook his head.
" No, I know Jack like the back of my hand, he would find another way".

Felix took in a big breath and let it out.
" All we can do is assume he's going to Wade. We either get there before him, or get there in time to see the future fall in Marks hands".

Mark stormed over to Felix, ready to slap a bitch.
" I'm getting Jack back! He isn't going to some creepy chick!".

Matt payed each of his hands on each man's chest. Pulling them apart gently.

" Woah, woah,woah. No one said anything about leaving Jack behind" Matt said.

Shane nodded his head.
" No matter what happens, there's one rule, no man left behind".

" So what do we do now?" Tyler asked.

" Where going to follow Jack, even if he walks in their front door, we'll be a few steps behind him" Mark said.

Matt nodded, hope sparking in him that this could all work out. Or at the very least, be a neutral ending. He smiled at the thought that things could go right for once. That he wouldn't die and he'd get to see his little girl grow up.

" So wheres the company base? That's where Wade will be right?"Matt asked.

Mark blank faced.
" The what?".

" You don't know where they are?" Matthias asked.

Everyone stood as still as rocks, tension following through like chi.

" Does no one actually know where Jack is going?" Matt asked, mostly directing the question at Ethan. Who should know where he came from.

Ethan shook his head.
" All I know is that he won't be at the white warehouse, only slaves and level two handlers are there".

Shane sighed and threw his arms up in he air.
" Great we have a loophole of a plan, no idea where we're going and no clue what's going to happen".

" We have determination" Mark said.
" And practically every slave on the street we can ask".