Unwanted memories

"Ok so here's what's gonna happen, in turf wars it's going to be 4 vs. 4 right? So all you have to do is to ink as much turf to win, that's all." Jenesee said as she explained. Damian nodded in understanding. Seems easy. He thought. The five entered.

"I'm gonna go play some rank battles." Mina said.

"Ok we'll see you later." Jenesee said waving.

-Outside the lobby-

"Not too shabby Damian." Jenesee complimented.

"Thanks...I need more practice though..."

"You were pretty good! Your roller flicks were sick!" Leo beamed.

Xavier nodded in agreement. "Yes indeed. I shall say I was highly impressed with your surprise attacks, those inklings had it coming for underestimating you."

"Hmph serves them right for judging Damian." Jenesee added, crossing her arms.

While they waited inside the lobby, the opponent team were making rude comments to Damian, since he's an Octoling.

"Why don't you go back?!"

"Your hair looks weird, fix yourself please!"

"Ew! What's it doing here?!"

Luckily for him Jenesee, Leo, and Xavier stood up for Damian. He felt eternally grateful. Like they all say, Karma's a bitch.

Just then, the doors of the tower opened and Nina appeared.

"Hey Nina, how was Tower Control?" Leo asked.

"Lame. I lost and my bar cracked. I'm back to a S+ 8."

"Aw don't worry, you'll get it back." Nina smiled at Jenesee. "Thanks, anyways how did you guys do?"

"We did pretty good, thanks to Damian." Xavier winked at Damian (Not in a Gay way) and gave him a big thumbs up.

"Oh damn, I should play with you sometime." Nina said.

Damian blushed. "It was nothing really..."

"Oh it was definitely something!" Jenesee said pointing it out. "Let's go get a grab to eat I'm hungry." She continued.

"Sure." They all said at the same time.

———————————————————————

Jenesee was waiting at Crusty Sean's for the food. Everyone else waited on the table. It took a while but the order was finally up.

"Lots of hungry folks today." Crusty Sean said.

"Definitely, hungry kids on the loose."

Crusty Sean chuckled. "Have a good one!"

"You too!"

Jenesee walked to the table, the tray full of food. She smiled when she saw Damian laughing and smiling with everyone else. I'm so glad that he's happy...makes me happy. She placed the tray of food on the table, everyone grabbed their meals and went back to talking.

"Dude you should try the Dynamo roller!" Leo said with excitement.

"Dynamo roller...?"

"Yeah! It's this super big heavy roller, throws lots of ink but runs out of it quickly." Leo said demonstrating an invisible roller.

"I mean if Damian is strong enough to use it then it's fine, otherwise if you can't even pick it up then there's no use in trying. Shit's heavy." Nina commented.