四: Math Effect

The game night had been eventful to say the least, seeing as halfway through Chae was invited over and everyone was on a sugar high by the time it was bedtime.

I was yet again, hoping to use the dining room table in Chan's and Felix's apartment since Chae had invited Hani and Coni over for God only knows what. Because the only thing I ever hear is muffled screams, something falling and someone shouting about something being too uwu.

I'm just about to pick up my phone when a message comes through.

Chan-Hyung:
Are you coming over today?
The table looks lonely.
Also, Felix left me home alone again.
And I'm kinda stuck on this level of mass effect 2.
So...

I didn't understand him at times, he hadn't talked to me the first time I came over, barely talked the second time, was completely friendly last night, and had just now invited me over to help him with a video game.

Are boys always this confusing? No wonder girls can't pinpoint us.

Me:
I will help you with anything ME 2-3 related if
You can help me with math.

Chan-Hyung:
Deal.

I grab my bag and textbooks before heading over, knocking twice before the door opens and Chan practically pulls me inside before closing the door. He's wearing glasses again today.

Cute.

"I figured we should do your homework first, then we can work on the game. If you stay late then I can cook and of course, there is hot tea." He was rambling as he ushered me inside.

"Do you even know advanced calculus?" I ask, pulling my textbooks out as I sit down at the table.

"It's been a while." He says as he fixes us our cups of tea. "But I remember most of it." He places a cup of tea in front of me and sits down, helping me look over the work sheets as we have a light conversation.

"What does this even mean?" I ask, pointing to an equation that is completely foreign to me. Chan doesn't seem to have a clue either as he tilts his head to the side, staring at it intently.

"I've never even seen that sign before." He says, completely confused with it, maybe even more so than I am at this point. No big surprise there to be honest.

"How about we move on and come back to that?" I suggest, watching as he nods slowly, still confused with the equation.

"Oh look, something I actually know." He says sarcastically as we scan the next page which is basic calculus that I'd have to be an idiot not to understand.

I finish with the page and put the homework down, my brain already past it's limitations and it's not even three o'clock yet. "Can we just play Mass Effect now?" I ask, looking over at Chan who thinks about it for a moment before standing up.

"Lets go kick some butt. Also, maybe seduce some aliens, whichever comes first!" He says, heading over to his laptop before powering it up.

I drag an extra chair over, sitting beside him as we discuss basic things about he game, like why we prefer being Paragon over Renegade.

"It's easier to seduce them this way." Chan jokes, selecting yet another paragon action that ultimately fails, resulting in a bloody mess and awkwardness.

"Sometimes it's okay to shoot first and ask questions later." I say before pointing him in the way of valuable loot.

"Oh heck yes, Thane my mate!" Chan has practically gone into fanboy mode over the dude and it's literally one of the cutest things I've seen.

"Wait, don't tell me that you're playing as female commander Shepard just to seduce the dudes." I say, watching as Chan just looks over at me, selecting the first romantic option that appears.

"Look me in the eye and tell me that the relationship between Thane and FemShep isn't the cutest thing you've seen." He says, waiting for an answer.

Truth be told, it was the cutest thing I'd seen. Until I met him. But no way in hell will I ever admit that to him at the moment. "Fine, you win. They're adorable, now back to the game before something happens that you weren't expecting."

He rolls his eyes and returns to his game, interacting with all the rest of the crew members.

"Serious question, would you date any of these characters in real life?" Chan asks, selecting a new mission to go on.

I have to think about it for a moment before I feel like an idiot for even having to think about it. "Garus Vakarian, hands down. He's the shit." I say, watching as Chan turns to me with an eyebrow raised.

"Language, sir." He says before returning to the game, let out a few curse words of his own as he dies twice in a row. "A little assistance, please." He says, passing the laptop to me as it reloads again.

"Okay, but what about you, who would you date?" I ask, keeping my eyes trained on the game, already knowing every move that I'll have to make.

"I kinda like Samara, or Kazumi." He says, earning a nod from me before he bursts into giggles. "Not really though. I'm Thane Krios for life, mate."

I chuckle, handing him back his laptop. "That's gay." I say jokingly as he finishes up the mission.

"Well, I've been gay since ninth grade, so yeah, I hope it is." He says, not even looking at me which I am truly thankful for because I already know I'm redder than Rudolphs nose at this point.

Curse Bang Chan and his adorableness and the fact that he's a Mass Effect playing dork who's a total Thane Krios Stan. And curse his Australian sexiness, because, damn. That accent drives me insane.

"Earth to Jeongin, how do I I even?" He says, bringing me back to reality.

"You shoot him. It's easier that way." I say, watching as he shrugs and shoots the guy on screen.

Now, if only cupid could shoot us.

[A/N]
1025, par-tay.
This whole chapter is a bunch of nonsense about my favorite game, mass effect which I actually got inspiration for my Username from.
Hope you guys about ready enjoying this story!
And let me know if you guys have any suggested JeongChan books.
Love, Siha.☀☀☀