十三: Ask Me

I had been spending more and ore time at Chan's place, whether it was for studying or just messing around while playing games, odds are, you'd find me there.

Chan often claimed I worked too hard on my schoolwork, dragging me away from it to cuddle on the couch as we watched movies or played DDR or any other game.

As of right now, Chan and I had made a a bet. Whoever won this Mario Kart tournament, got to make the loser do whatever they wanted, and there was no backing out. And Chan must've had something planned, as he played mercilessly, using every trick in the game.

"You can't just purposeful shove me off, ya know?" I huff out as the game reloads me back onto the rainbow road course, Chan chuckling slightly as he shrugs.

"I thought we said whoever won, not whoever played fair."

Oh, so that's how he wants to play it?

I grinned evilly as I gained speed, easily catching up to him as the NPC baby peach ran off the road. Carefully, I scooted closer to Chan, just until our thighs touched. He was taken back by the sudden touching, and I smiled in triumph as he let his guard down, allowing me to pass by him easily.

"Oh, you did not just do what I think you did!" He shouts, watching as I zip by him, crossing over the finish line just seconds before him.

But in the end it didn't matter anyway, he'd won by five points, smirking in triumph as I slumped down, awaiting the dreaded punishment.

"Go to the winter ball with me." Chan said smiling widely as I sat there confused.

"But, that's for college students." I mumble, watching as Chan shakes his head.

"Yes, but if you're a student, you get a plus one, regardless of if they attend the college or not. And you, as my boyfriend, will be my plus one."

I know my cheeks turned red upon the word boyfriend. It was the first time the term had been used, and I wasn't complaining, but damn, why did that make me feel so flustered all of the sudden?

"Uh, yeah, I'll go." I can honestly say, I never expected this to happen. Then again, I never expected to fall in love with an Australian who's four years my senior, but eh. Things happen.

Chan grins, doing a cute little shoulder wiggle before practically throwing himself down besides me. "Is it too early to say I love you?" He asks with a smile, his eyes showing a sincerity I've only ever seen from one other person.

I try to compose myself before I answer him, hoping my voice won't betray me. "Even if it is, I love you too." I thought it would be harder to say that, but surprisingly, the words rolled off my tongue easily. But not the way a lie does, no, this left a soft warm and fuzzy feeling as Chan grinned.

There was a brief moment, when he'd been running his hands through my hair, that I thought he might kiss me, as his face got closer to mine. But, as our life has been planned out, his phone went off.

He'd recently often a job at some agency for amateur music producers, and they kept calling at all odd hours of the day.

He took he call, hanging up with a sigh. "It's work-"

"Not surprised."

"-I promise we'll hang out again either later today, or tomorrow." He gave me a small kiss to the forehead, smiling as we exited the apartment at the same time. Him to go to work, and me to go home.

Chae was home again today, her 80's music blaring from her room as things rustled around. She was most likely cleaning, ass her room often got to the point of being called a pigsty. Though, somehow, she always knew where everything was.

Mom was out, but her laptop was on the table, meaning she was probably at the laundromat located downstairs. She often used her time at home to occupy herself with mundane chores such as laundry and dishes, never putting aside any downtime. Chae and I used to joke that it was the reason why dad left. But we both know that wasn't true, it just made the reality as bit more bearable.

I threw myself down on my bed before looking over at he clock, it was 6pm, and as weird as it sounds, I went to get a shower. I took all the time I wanted, as Chae was still cleaning her room, and mom didn't have to go into work tomorrow morning, meaning that she wouldn't have a problem staying up to let more water warm. Hell, she usually stayed up to watch old reruns of shows anyway.

I took my time to leisurely apply my skin care products, making sure that I would look my best for this coming week, as the winter ball wasn't far away, and I didn't want to have red splotchy skin, a common problem for my family.

I got dressed before heading into my room, settling down at the desk to catch up on a little ME:3 gaming, since I only ever played with Chan nowadays.

I could hear my come into the apartment, followed by two baskets of laundry being plopped down onto the living rooms hard wood flooring. These walls were only so thick, and the wood floors made even the smallest sounds echo throughout the apartment. It was something you got used to after after while, which is why I tuned everything else out until I heard my mom calling my name.

I paused my game, leaving the sanctity of my room only to see mom in he living room holding Chan's shirt in her hands.

"Whose is this?" She asks, her tone serious and stern as I panic.

She knows. She already knows.

"Mom, I can explain." I say, stumbling over my words as she narrows her eyes.

"You'd better start explain yourself then, and fast."

Well, shit.