十八: It's Time To Say Goodbye

Chan's pov

I've been putting this off for too long. I've been keeping myself busy with Jeongin, trying to spend as much time with him as I can, and it hurts when I think about what I need to do. He doesn't deserve to have this happen to him, he doesn't deserve this. But I can't change it, I have to go.

I try to push my thoughts away as I open the door, and Jeongin greets me with that smile that could melt even the coldest of hearts. And it just makes this more bittersweet than it already is.

"Hi, Channie-Hyung." He says, wrapping his arms around me in a tight hug. I wrap my arms around him, and it only makes me feel worse. So, so, so much worse.

"Hey, Jeongin." I pull away and smile at him, ruffling his hair up a little, even despite his whine of protest.

"I just got it to lie flat!" He hisses, smoothing it back down, though, his frown doesn't stay for long. Instead, he smiles widely, puts his hands on my cheeks and leans in.

My cheeks feel warm as he looks at me with that look in his eyes, the same look Changbin often gives Felix before they dissappear into Felix's room, and it's actually quite terrifying when I think about Jeongin giving me this look.

He leans in closer, his face maybe a few centimeters away from mine.

And then he smirks, and pulls away with a chuckle.

"Aww, that's called payback. But really, Chan, you look cute when you blush." He says with a grin, laughing a little until I pull him inside, close the door and steal a quick kiss.

"Yeah, yeah, now c'mon, dinner is almost ready." I say, ushering him towards the dining room table before going to check on the bolgogi, that smells like heaven on earth.

Dinner is quickly plated, eaten, and put away before we settle down on the couch, watching studio Ghibli films for the next few hours until my concentration is pulled away from the movies and to the fact that I can't just keep this from Jeongin. He needs to know, and I don't want to hurt him.

I pause the movie, much to his protest, and sit up straight. The room is dark, the only light being emitted from the tv screen, casting a soft blue glow around the room.

"Chan, is everything alright?" Jeongin asks, most of his face covered in shadows, and it almost makes it easier to tell him. To not have to look him in the eyes when I say it.

"I've been putting this off long enough, and so, there's something we need to talk about."

Jeongin gives a little bit of a worried nod before sitting up completely, turning to face me completely while tucking his knees to his chest. "What about?" He asks, his voice almost a little shakey.

"I'm leaving for a bit. My mom is really sick, and we aren't sure if she's going to make it... please understand." He stares at me for a minute, and I can tell he's hurt. He visibly relaxes, his shoulders falling back into their normal place.

"Okay." He gives a small smile, and messes with my hair a little bit. "Just remember to write me every once in a while so I know you're not dead." Then he grins, and I feel like a weight has lifted off my shoulders.

"Thank you, for understanding." I wrap him up in a big hug, holding him as tight as I can without suffocating him. He laughs a little, his breath tickling my neck.

"I'd probably let you chop off my hand if you gave me a good enough reason, besides your mom needs you more than I do right now. You'd be a worse person if you didn't go to see her."

His tone is light, but it doesn't change the fact that my heart feels heavy.

[A/N]
Hey, guys, the next chapter is going to be the last before the epilogue, and Neighborly Love (God bless it's soul) will be ending sometime later this month, or by early November.
I love you guys all so much, I wish you all the best, and I hope you guys will stick with me through my other fics.
I love guys so much!~
-Siha.☀☀☀

UPDATE: NL won't end until 20+ chapters, I misread how many were written, so NL won't end until November.
In the mean time, please feel free to check out my other fics, so you're not running on dry when NL ends.😉😁😃😄😆