十九: It's The Small Things

Chan has officially been gone for two weeks, and still doesn't know a time estimate for coming back. He calls and facetimes, writes letters when he thinks I need something to hold onto (which is more often than I'll admit) and always makes sure to tell me that he loves me.

On the brightside, Junjin and Chae have been getting along well. He's always taking her on dates to art exhibits and galleries across seoul, happily spending every minute he can with her. And of course mom likes him, like, adores the man. But I think she sees him as a little brother type, which is hilarious given the circumstances.

Speaking of mom, she's finally dating again, which is good for her. So, usually she goes out on Fridays or Saturdays, which are the same days that Junjin and Chae always go on dates, which leaves me at home alone more often than not. Which, regrettably, has resulted in more than one incident involving trot music, mass effect binge gaming, ice cream, and sometimes crying.

But, Changbin is pretty good at keeping me company since Felix left with Chan. Given, he's horrible with emotions, and that's usually why ice cream and crying is involved. He won't admit it, but he's really sᴏғᴛ™ for Felix, and it shows. Especially since Felix broke his phone and can really only use email. Which he absolutely hates using.

And of course, Seungmin, Hyunjin, Minho, and Jisung are all fine in their relationships, and it'd probably take someone killing somebody to break them up, but that'd besides the point.

I suppose it just bothers me because it's Christmas today, everyone else has someone to spend it with, and the only thing I've gotten is two mistletoe-forced kisses from Jisung. That was interesting to say the least. Especially since Minho. Was. Right. There.

"I swear to God, If you're wallowing in self-pity again." Changbin says as he barges into my room, landing next to me on the bed with a thud. There's a small crinkling sound and then a low hum from Changbin. "Guess you'll miss out on all the Australian candies then..."

I sit up only to see a horribly wrapped box with Felix's hand writing scribbled on the top. "Well, at least your boyfriend loves you." I mummble, accepting a chocolate looking candy from him.

Changbin laughs, producing a second, smaller, package from his hoodie pocket. "I'm telling Chan you said that." He hands me the package while picking through his box of candies.

I smile at the wrapping, its neater than Felix's, but is still a little awkward at the corners. Inside is a stack of postcards, some candies that won't get stuck in my braces, and a ridiculous stuffed koala that has Chan's cologne sprayed on it. A comforting touch in his absence.

'Wish you were here <3'
-Chan

I smile at the postcards, setting them down on the nightstand before curling up with the koala stuffie. Changbin chuckles, laying down before turning on music from his phone. It's some Felix had showed him a while back, and Changbin had loved it ever since. Florida, by Funeral Suits.

I don't know what the lyrics are talking about, but I like it anyway. It sounds upbeat, but is still calming to lounge around with. At least for now.

I can't wait for Chan to be home.

"You know," Changbin says, shifting so he's more comfortable. "I thought about asking Felix to marry me once he gets back. Go back to Australia, tie the knot, come back and finish college or something. I mean, I thought about asking before he left, but..."

"Why didn't you?" I ask, intrigued by the whole idea. The thought of them married is too adorable to pass up.

Changbin smiles, a small laugh escaping his lips. "I wanted to wait until our dating anniversary, five happy years together, but then he had to go. And we instead spent our fifth on facetime. Romantic, right?" He's still got that smile as he sighs. "Minho says I'm crazy, because he's still only eighteen, but I just want to make it more offical, ya' know?"

He continues on his spill about how he wants to marry Felix, but it's never the right time to ask, and I can't help but wonder if it'll ever be like this for Chan and I, or if we'll even last that long. I don't doubt that I love him, or that he loves me, but sometimes I wonder if this relationship is as serious as I think it is.

Because, this is my first relationship, and I want it to be the last. To be happy with what I have.

But sometimes I wonder.

I wonder about a lot of things nowadays.