Chapter 2 : A Simple Job

"Dude, I don't know how I feel about this, killing a dragon seems really unmanly to me

"Dude, I don't know how I feel about this, killing a dragon seems really unmanly to me..." Kirishima mumbled as he walked, trailing right behind his hot-headed trainer. Katsuki didn't really like it when people walked in front of him, he learned that the hard way.

"I DON'T LIKE IT EITHER BUT IF WE DON'T DO THIS THEN THEY'LL PROBABLY EXECUTE BOTH OF US SO STOP COMPLAINING!" Katsuki shouted and sighed angrily, looking down at the map he had been given.

"It looks like the village is just up here." He muttered and crumpled up the map, tossing it carelessly behind him.

"We could have still used that map you know."

"FUCK MAPS I KNOW WHERE I'M GOING AFTER THIS!"

As the two approached the village, it seemed like it was deserted, but people could be seen peaking out of their homes from afar. They walked past the houses and stores, making their way towards one specific building.

The structure was made primarily of large stone bricks, all varying in size. It also had thick wooden beams in various places as supports, a straw roof, and a slightly decayed wooden door.

Katsuki hadn't even managed to knock twice when the door swung open and they were suddenly dragged inside.

"WHAT THE- MMPHH?!" He was silenced by a man's hand clasping over his mouth.

"Shhhhh, you don't want to make too much noise!" He whisper-yelled and slowly pulled his hand away, "If you yell then you'll scare everyone in the village, and we've already had enough wide-spread panic to last a whole kingdom."

Kirishima nodded in agreement but Katsuki was just about ready to blow a fuse. He took a deep breath and exhaled all his frustration.

"So, where is this dragon that you need us to slay for you?" He asked the man as he audibly gritted his teeth.

"My name is Nicholas, you two must be Katsuki and Kirishima." The man now known as Nicholas confirmed and took a few steps back, giving both of them a more clear view of his appearance.

He had messy raven-black hair, crystal clear blue eyes, and seemed to be wearing traditional farming wear.

"I didn't ask what your fucking name was, I asked where the dragon was." Katsuki's hands quickly formed fists and he was practically shaking with how angry he was.

Kirishima rolled his eyes at how quickly his friend got ticked off,
"Sorry about my buddy here, he gets kinda shaken up in situations like this."

"Right, anyway, the dragon comes by at night, but only if there aren't any guards. That's why you're going to have to blend in." He stated and grabbed a couple simple outfits, it seemed to be what the rest of the villagers were wearing as well.

He handed them the outfits, seeming to be expecting them to put them on.

"I'm not wearing this." Katsuki said straightforwardly.

"Well it's either that or you have to stay inside until tonight. I'm telling you, that beast is smart, for a dragon that is."

"Hey! Rude!" Kirishima huffed and crossed his arms to which Nicholas only returned a confused look.

Katsuki looked at him with a glare that screamed 'SHUT UP'.

He was about to ask about what was wrong when he remembered that they were supposed to keep the whole 'I'm a dragon yet I'm coming to slay a dragon that's being harassing your village' thing quiet. If the townspeople knew that he was a dragon then there's no way that they would trust either of them.

"I meant, that's rude calling a dragon smart! Because they aren't, smart that is." He covered up.

Katsuki pinched the bridge of his nose,
"Okay, fine we'll wait here until night time, but this better work. If it doesn't then we're heading into the forest to find the dragon for ourselves." He told the farmer, seemingly not going to settle for anything else.

"Alright, you seem to have made your decision." Nicholas took a breath and grabbed the clothes back from the two, putting them back where they were sitting before.

He walked past them and to the front door that they had come through,
"If you need anything than either me or someone else will be checking in on you every now and then. You two just make yourselves at home."

He opened the door and walked out before turning to one last time,
"Oh and one more thing, thank you for this." He said with a gentle smile before shutting the door and walking away.

" He said with a gentle smile before shutting the door and walking away