Chapter 13 : Thank you

Disclaimer: mention of blood

She hadn't even opened her eyes yet, but she could already tell it was morning

She hadn't even opened her eyes yet, but she could already tell it was morning. The gentle feeling of the sun embracing her skin was one that she wasn't used to, but always appreciated nonetheless. She could feel the warm golden rays trickling down onto her half-awake self, it was one of the few times in her life that she enjoyed waking up.

She really didn't want to actually get up though, she felt as though she could stay like this forever. The warmth of the blanket and the sun were perfect, coupled with the plush sensation of her body sinking into the dense pillow underneath that framed her face, it was practically heaven.

She snuggled against her little slice of paradise, feeling her body sink into the mattress...

Wait.

Mattress?

She lived in a cave, she didn't have a mattress...

Her eyes flickered open and she sat up, glancing around what she had found to be an unknown room, in and unknown place.

The room had sturdy stone walls and wooden floors, they looked old, but it was obvious that they could survive a good storm or two. The room itself was rather bare, nothing being in it except a bookshelf, a chair, a bedside table, and the bed she was currently bundled up in. Not that she minded though, living in a literal cave tends to humble you when it came to judging living arrangements.

Speaking of that though, there was no way that this place was hers, she could never even hope to get a home like this. The excuse that maybe she stayed over at a friends house didn't really work either, based on the fact that she had no friends. So if it wasn't hers, and it didn't belong to someone she knew...

Where was she?

She began to try and think about anything that could have led up to this, but nothing seemed to want to surface in her mind.

It had been awhile that she had sat there thinking, somewhere around five to ten minutes, when her train of thought was abruptly interrupted. The soft squeak of door hinges that filled the room was the thing that had dragged her back to reality, her gaze shooting over to the doorframe that she hadn't noticed before. It looked to be made of solid wood, and sat directly in front of her.

Her (e/c) eyes locked into two red ones, the figure in front of her freezing as they noticed that she was currently conscious.

"You're awake." The red head grinned softly before continuing over to her, making sure to shut the door behind him, "That's good."

It took a moment for it to click, but she recalled that this was someone she had met before... the dragon boy!

What was his name? Kimi... Kiki... Kirishima!

"Hey, did you hear what I said?" He waved his hand in front of her face, bringing her back to reality for the second time today.

"Ah... no, sorry..." She apologized, pausing upon hearing how raspy her voice was, it wasn't usually like that.