Chapter 3 : First Encounter

A soft scraping filled the room, caused by a sword that Katsuki was sharpening, it was the only thing keeping him from going completely insane

Kirishima was staring out the small window of the house, sitting on a wooden couch. Not exactly the most comfortable thing, but it was better than other things that he had slept on before, such as a rocky cave floor.

It was maddening how quiet this village was, it was like everyone had just died all of a sudden.

The spiky redhead had to calm down his friend numerous times so that he didn't rip the place apart.

"How long have we been sitting in here for?" Katsuki grumbled as he sharped his sword a bit more aggressively.

"About fifteen minutes." Kirishima replied, getting an annoyed groan in return.

"This is torture, and I bet that red and white motherfucker knew this was gonna happen. He knew that we would have to sit in here for hours and decided it would be the best form of punishment!" He ranted and glared at the air.

The funny thing was that he was actually right, even though he was just spewing whatever came to his mind, not taking a second to actually think about it.

And so the day went on like this, Katsuki asking how long it had been every ten to twenty minutes, small rants or even one sided arguments, and random conversation about things that made him mad. Pretty much like a normal day for the two, the only difference was that they hadn't lit anything on fire yet.

Eventually the moon had reached its peak and the door opened for the twenty-eighth time that day.

They were both counting.

"Damnit, I told you guys that we don't need any water!" Katsuki glared at a winded Nicholas who walked in.

"N-no... it's... time..." He panted out, he seemed to have been running before he got there.

Both of them perked up at this, immediately standing up and getting ready for what was next.

"The dragon isn't... here yet... but it should be... very soon..." he told them, catching his breath.

"Sorry, I lost track of time when I was in the fields and had to run here. Come with me and I'll show you where you will be stationed."

________________________________

{POV change to ???}

Okay, I've checked all around the village and it seems like no new guards are anywhere, same goes for any old guards. Looks like I'm good to go for grabbing something to eat tonight!

I've been snagging smaller livestock from this village for who knows how long. They didn't really seem to have a problem with it though, well, at least they've never told me they had a problem with it. Not that they had the chance.

I'm gonna wait a few more minutes to see if anyone shows up though, if not then it seems like I'm free to just grab what I need and go!

I waited along the trees and bushes of the nearby forest, my tail swishing back and forth calmly behind me.

"Okay, now." I muttered to myself and carefully made my way out of my hiding spot.

I crept over to the animals in the field all while hiding behind houses and stores, sometimes I'm thankful that my dragon form hasn't fully manifested, meaning that it isn't that big.

Looking over all of the animals I made sure to grab one that looked unhealthy, it wouldn't last much longer anyways. I crouched down and slowly made my way over to it.

Just as I was about to kill the thing I heard a rustle in a bush right next to me, my head jolted over to it.

My gaze focused on it, but it was too small for anything to be hiding in. Whatever, it's fine, I'll just grab my meal and get out of here.

Or at least that's what I would have done if something, or rather someone, didn't rush out of the brush and shrubs directly behind me.

'SHIT!'

I bolted off back towards the forest, they must have either thrown something or set up a distraction in the bush to throw me off. Damnit for my gullibility!

I could hear them gaining on me, they were fast, seemed to be two of them as well though. I should be able to lose them pretty easily in the forest if I play this right.

The forest was directly in front of me, as long as there's no other problems then this should be pretty doable.

The scent of smoke gathered in my nose, I could taste it as well.

FUCK I'M CHANGING BACK.

________________________________

Katsuki and Kirishima chased after the dragon, hot on its tail as it ran into the forest.

It was fast, they could give it that, but they were definitely faster. This thing seemed to know where it was going though, so all they had to do was keep track of it and they would catch up eventually.

Kirishima noticed something though, small bits of smoke wafted around them as they ran, seeming to be coming off the dragon.

He hadn't met any other shifters, let alone one that could also turn into a dragon, it was extremely rare.

This could have just been smoke from it trying to light a fire in its mouth and failing as well though, he had done that before.

It's kinda like a really bad case of heartburn and strep throat combined, but only lasts for a minute or two.

He snapped out of his thoughts, this couldn't be someone like him. If it was then they would most likely be living in a small town or something to get by like he did for awhile.

Katsuki suddenly stopped causing his red-headed friend to come to a stop as well.

The ash-blonde pointed towards a section of small trees, it seemed to be where the dragon stopped once they did.

They slowly snuck over to it and were about to peak through when the spiky-haired hot head decided to just smash through the trees.

"GOT YOU!" He shouted.

The dragon wasn't there though, just a startled looking girl, with (h/c) hair.